Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

how much horsepower will stock fuel lines support?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much horsepower will stock fuel lines support?

so i see alot of people doing 2 walbro 255's, my question is how much fuel/horsepower will the stock fuel lines and rails support? if i dont use the walbros, id like to buy the aeromotive a1000 pump...is there any way to use that without changing all the fuel lines and the use of a sump/fuel cell? this turbo build is draining my pockets pretty quickly so unfortunatley i cant buy a whole new fuel system at the moment
Old 05-31-2009, 08:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should easily be able to support 750rwhp on stock lines. Some go higher, but at this point a good set of lines can help get a little more flow to the engine.

Let me know if I can help with a dual pump setup or line kit.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can do a dual pump setup in the tank and then run a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator off the schrader valve with a return to the tank. cheap, easy, and it can handle some power.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No good way to run an A1000 without a sumped tank and new lines. They over heat easily already for a street car and will really be bad pushing all that fuel through stock lines. Please do it right the first time and keep that new motor and turbo safe from harm. Stock lines become a restriction at about 600rwhp but we have seen reliable power from dual pumps and stock lines to 750rwhp.

Nate

Quick Reply: how much horsepower will stock fuel lines support?