Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

255LPH Pump

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 255LPH Pump

I have a LT1 Camaro and it has a supercharger at 5 psi. Would the 255lph pump be good enough for the fuel delivery and are those ebay fuel pumps good? Thanks.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 22lambo
I have a LT1 Camaro and it has a supercharger at 5 psi. Would the 255lph pump be good enough for the fuel delivery
Yes.
and are those ebay fuel pumps good? Thanks.
No, most are cheap Chinese knockoffs. The defacto standard is a Walbro. I run the Racetronix kit, which has a Walbro included, along with an excellent heavy duty wiring harness to handle the extra current draw from a high performance pump.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:51 AM
FormerVendor

Give me a call I keep the correct replacement pumps and wireharness in stock.

Nate
Old 06-16-2009, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Ok then so I wont buy those Chinese pumps. What would be a good pump but on a budget? I cant spend to much because I also need money for a tune. I don't need a crazy pump, just one for my needs. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

The main reason I want to get one is because A. it has a SC and I have been told that the fuel delivery needs to be upgraded and B. when I turn on the car on a cold start, it turns on and then dies. I try it again and it will still do that. In order to keep it running, I need to rev it to atleast 2k. When it is running, it is very rough. Sounds like it is missing in a couple of cylinders and the car shakes very hard. After about 15-20 seconds of reving, it will clear up like nothing ever happened. I got it scanned and the only code that came up was a 18 code something about the fuel injector circuit. Checked the injectors, harnesses and everything passed. Then I checked the fuel pressure. It is about 32 psi. A mechanic told me that the fuel pump might not be giving enough to prime the engine because if I turn it on and it dies and keep doing that for 2 more times, on the 3rd time I crank the car it will turn on and work fine, no shaking or anything. Thanks.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:09 AM
TECH Resident

Ok then so I wont buy those Chinese pumps. What would be a good pump but on a budget? I cant spend to much because I also need money for a tune. I don't need a crazy pump, just one for my needs. Thanks.
I guess you can go with this a in-line fuel pump from summit.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/VOR-4GH101-001/

Remember some inline fuel pumps makes a little noise when the car is running. It might not be to bad ,but I've known a few folks that nosie drove them crazy. But since you have a SC , I think you will just fine with it . Hope this helps

Last edited by Mac 2002 SS; 06-17-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Inline pumps are a band-aid fix for running the proper intank pump setup.
Do it right & put in a good intank setup.

I keep the Racetronix kits in stock.