Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

MSD 6A with Fast XFI or not ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default MSD 6A with Fast XFI or not ?

I just bought a Fast XFI for my motor. 454 SBC stroker 600hp. My shift point is 6600 rpm. Will I gain anything with an MSD 6A box and this system? I was thinking the 6A because I don't need the rev limiter , the XFI will take care of that. I plan on using a Fast dual sync distributor. The car will be 99.9% street driven but I'm in over my head already so I might as well do it right the first time.

Another question is . I have 42 lb injectors (Their used but I will have them cleaned and checked) they should work for my engine ,but I was told be a tuner around my area. He would rather see 48 or 50 lb injectors on my motor. I was wondering what the opinions on this board were about it? Can I boost my pressure up or just get the bigger Fuel injectors? My pump is capable of 95 psi.

I started getting my fuel system together. I have a Weldon 1100A pump 135gph/0-95 lbs with aeromotive 100 and 10 micron filters and an Aeromotive 13109 fuel regulator . I'm going to run 10AN hard lines from an aeromotive sumped stock tank to a Y and bring the hose down to 8AN to the rails then 8AN to the regulator and 6AN hose to 6AN hard line back to the tank. Opinions welcome

Thanks Wayne