Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

help with weak injectors LH side 69 camaro ls1 swap!!!! problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help with weak injectors LH side 69 camaro ls1 swap!!!! problem

I've never posted and don't exactly know how or where but here it goes. I been watching and reading this site for about 2 yrs. I love the infomation on this site . It's really helped on my swap 98 T/A LS1 6 SPEED 68,000mi. into a 69 camaro, harness rework and computer tuned by wait4meperformance. Vats,egr,rear 02's,emissions,skip shift solenoid,delete. Temp fans 1st on at 180 snd on at 220 tach set on 4 cyl. new plugs and 02's.dougs hedders,cold air induction ,factory tach ,speedo, and gauges. Heres the problem left side injectors not working properly ,[noid test light ]very dim but they all pulse, exhaust header cool to the touch on this side , just the opposite on drivers side,[ noid light bright], header hot.Engine pops and backfires every so often. My tech scanned it and thought the computer was possibly bad .Jesse deleted vats on another computer with the same service number, [thanks jesse], but same thing .Have checked all cable grounds ,traced the injector wires and pins and added extra +12v. switched to injectors .Added extra grounds to body,frame,and engine .Sounds like a ground problem I know, I just don't know where. Any help would be appreciated.... sorry about the lenth of this note but I need some help!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:51 PM
FormerVendor

There are 2 factory grounds on the back of the pass head one is for the inj. wire harness. It may be a break in the harness itsself it is separate so can be swaped easily.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Question help with weak injectors LH side 69 camaro ls1 swap!!!! problem

thanks for the reply ,but thats one of the places I've checked already my terminals attach to the drivers side head though .I have added another ground there since your post and still no difference .thanks for the help !!! odd that its only on one side you would think that would make it easy to find but I'm not giving up ...
Old 09-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Teching In

fixed it drivers coil harness was inverted , that will do it every time!!!! soooo simple I just looked over it . thanks GOD Bless..