Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel System Part of My LSX Build

Old 09-09-2009, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel System Part of My LSX Build

As part of my build that is linked in my Signature I wanted to put a fuel system in the car that will handle the new engine and Nitrous or supercharger in the future if I were to choose to go that way. Below is what I chosen to go with and some pictures of the install when I could remember to grab the camera. Sorry once I get started I always get way into things before I think of snapping off some pictures..

I went with a Lonnies set up From Lonnies Performance. Here is what I got.

I went with Lonnes dual pumps in the factory sender. All new -8an feed line and -6an return with FuelLab regulator and filter. I did opt for the Teflon SS lines, and I must say they have been the easiest fuel lines I have built. I have used all sorts of ss lines in the past for things and these go together much smoother than those I have built especially with having this many fittings to make. Lonnies kit comes with A Racetronixs wiring harness that you have to spice into your factory harness. His instructions are very detailed and as I said he is more than willing to answer questions over the phone.. This harness has all the relays attached and wiring to the battery with fuses that I mounted above the battery. His kit is set up so you run one pump all the time and the other pump is used when you turn on your nitrous or if you are running boost you can set it up to be on all the time or I am guessing under high boost I didn’t ask him about that.

I am not completely finished with the install due to the fact I am still waiting on my motor. All of the wiring is done and so are the lines up to the engine compartment. I will be running the feed to the front of Lonnies fuel rail on the passenger side then run the crossover from rail to rail across the back rails and than out the front drivers side rail to the pressure reg. That is why you will see the reg mounted on the drivers side. I also got 60lb injectors from Lonnie to finish this off. Hope those that are interested enjoy.

By the way Big Thanks To Hardcore and My Dad. Hardcore for his help on Sat especially with the soldering he is a soldering god!!! My Dad for all his help and advise. He helps A lot to make all of this happen.

The start of the Mess

Press reg and fittings

Fuel tank Moc up

Old 09-09-2009, 02:00 PM
10 Second Club

Relays next to tank

Tony Working

Pictures of Fuel Filter and bottom of tank with return. Please keep in mind these pictures were pretty hard to take and not sure they do the way it looks justice just for the facts that looks different in the pictures than it does when I look at it.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

With covers back on

Fuel line
Old 09-09-2009, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

Tank Mounted

Fuel Pressure Reg Mounted

Old 09-09-2009, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

Fuses Mounted

Old 09-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Nice pics!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that is really nice. Is that were the tank is normally mounted, I don't work on GTO and never really looked for them. Interesting place for that is for sure.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Redta00
Nice pics!
Thanks Some of them were a challange to take and I always think everything looks different in pictures than when you look at the car.

Originally Posted by RsSean
Damn that is really nice. Is that were the tank is normally mounted, I don't work on GTO and never really looked for them. Interesting place for that is for sure.
Yes that is where they put the tank to bring them to the States. It isn't to bad where it is just kills the trunk sort of made it easier for this. At least it was for getting the tank out.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good.... glad you like the kit.

Keep us posted on the dyno results.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
Looks good.... glad you like the kit.

Keep us posted on the dyno results.
Will do Thanks again for your help Lonnie. Hopefully I am done bugging you for a little while....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel System Part of My LSX Build