Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

earls fittings crap?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default earls fittings crap?

i recently sprung a leak in my ls2 fuel rail and decided to go aftermarket. i bought the mast motorsports ls3 rails made for the standard ls1 style injectors. bought 4 earls 8an o-ring to 6 an fittings from summit racing for the rails. 3 screwed in and one would go in maybe 2 threads. i swapped them all over and the one would not screw in. when i looked at the fiiting you could see the first thread wasnt quite threaded right. i called summit and they sent another that showed up today. i pulled it out and stuck it in, it screwed right in. there was just one small problem:

so i called summit and they are sending one out next day air, but it will go out first thing in the morning since it was past the cutoff time. so thanks to my problems with the earls fittings my car is still down when it should have been fixed monday. am i the only one to have a problem with their stuff? ive heard of problems with aeromotive, what about russells, who is the best? at least summit is taking care of earls/holleys crap.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never saw that before.... I have never had problems with any of their fittings.
Looks like one got thrown in the wrong bin at the factory.

Search this Thread