Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont start

Hi everyone, I had a new fuel pump installed in my car a couple of days ago, it was running fine and now it wont start. the fuel pump seems to be working (I can hear it) fuel pump relay is fine, fuel filter is good. it threw a p0102 (MAF low circuit) and a p0122 (TPS sensor) could this be the cause why my car doesnt start? or should I switch fuel pump? fuel regulator?

Last edited by F.G.; 10-07-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

buump
Old 10-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

I edited my first post, it was kinda hard to understand
Old 10-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Well i got zero psi at the fuel rail, so im gonna change out the fuel pump (under warranty) and see if that works. Man I wanna drive this thing
Old 10-08-2009, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

I had the same problem a week after installing my 255, heres a link to my thread...
http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47253

And here is what I found wrong, Post #49....

Well, dropping the fuel tank round 2....

Turns out the fuel hose from the pump basically exploded at the tip, the picture was taken as soon as I pulled it from the tank, untouched. Im glad I didnt add more fuel to the tank because that ****ing thing was heavy and it sucks doing this by yourself. I cut about 3/4" off the hose and plugged back together. Once everything was put back together I primed it 5 times and started right up.

Anyone doing the install and following the document I posted for install, I reccomend you cut 3/4" off the hose from the pump because the entire assembly compresses once locked down to the tank. This caused the hose to bend. The bending combined with the hose clamp causes the fuel line to rip and pop off as seen in the pic above.

This picture is pretty motivating for anyone to do the install themselves. I did the entire thing in 2 hours, by myself, in a parking lot, with the car only jacked up that high.

And this pic shows where I mounted the hot wire kit and grounds on the left.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

turns out my fuel line popped off too. took it to the auto parts store and they gave me a new one under warranty. i'm picking it up tomorrow and installing it first thing saturday morning. oh the float was jacked up *** well.

Quick Reply: car wont start