Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Gas guage not working after rectronix install

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas guage not working after rectronix install

Okay, i got a racetronix pump and it didnt come withthe 2 wires and plug so i just used my own wires and connected it from the stock plug to the fuel pump and it works, but the problem is my fuel guage isnt working

I tried touching the two purple ends to every possible combonation on the plug that goes to the fuel pump. what i mean is i took two wires, attached them to the two purple wires that come from the leveling unit, and touched the two wires to the plug that plugs into the fuel pump, the one on top of the tank/pump, the plug outside of the fuel tank. And i cannot get the gas guage to move. Does it need a power and a ground to work? I just cannot figure this out and it is frustrating as hell. The two little metal pieces that run along the metal strip that tell your gas level are still there and still in contact with the metal strip. I AM SO FRUSTRATED argghhhh

Can someone please please please please HELP ME?!??
Old 10-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Launching!

you shoud have pulled the two purple wires out of your stock connector and put them in the new connector. did you do that?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

I just wired one up yesterday. You pull out the two purple wires, and then reinstall them in the new pump's pigtail.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I just wired one up yesterday. You pull out the two purple wires, and then reinstall them in the new pump's pigtail.
This is where the paper clip comes into play. At least on my install, I remember it vividly.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Launching!

but my kit i bought used didnt come with that connector, so i cut the wifes off my old pump and put plugs on those wires and plugged it into the racetronix pump.

But i didnt realize i was missing a connector so i removed the purple wires and then i realized it.

But i even tried touching the purple wires to where they would plug in at and nothing happened. I had the pump out and i was moving the float/arm around and it wasnt changing the gas guage. Im completely stumpped im about to buy another complete unit and swap it in, screw this.

Thanks guys!