Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Can too much fuel pressure cause tuning issues??

Old 10-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can too much fuel pressure cause tuning issues??

I swapped a 03 lq4 into my s10 only mods are a custom comp cam and 85 mm tb. I ran an aeromotive A1000 w/-8 feed and 3/8 aluminum return. Im getting about 75-80 psi at the rail... Is this too much? Im also a little conserned because when I just went to put the cam in I noticed the plugs looked like they were on the lean side (white chaulky residue) Plus im getting a P0200 injector code. Could my fuel pressure cause this? Im waiting on a tune for my cam from nelson perf but Im thinking there is another issue seeing as how the plugs had 200 miles on them before the cam swap and already looked lean. I have also been getting a popping and studder through the exhaust since motor was started ( only under a load) Any help or advise would be great.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ObsceneHP
I swapped a 03 lq4 into my s10 only mods are a custom comp cam and 85 mm tb. I ran an aeromotive A1000 w/-8 feed and 3/8 aluminum return. Im getting about 75-80 psi at the rail... Is this too much? Im also a little conserned because when I just went to put the cam in I noticed the plugs looked like they were on the lean side (white chaulky residue) Plus im getting a P0200 injector code. Could my fuel pressure cause this? Im waiting on a tune for my cam from nelson perf but Im thinking there is another issue seeing as how the plugs had 200 miles on them before the cam swap and already looked lean. I have also been getting a popping and studder through the exhaust since motor was started ( only under a load) Any help or advise would be great.
depending on what injector you have but, running at those rail pressures can cause the injector to lock up. plus on the tuning side the high pressure changes the size of the injector. Most are rated at 43.5 psi so by going to 75 or 80psi assuming there is no lock up the injector flow rate can go up substantially
Old 10-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Teching In

I have stock injectors and a stock rail, intake and fuel pressure regulator. Would this denote a bad regulator our is my fuel pump just pushin too much to a stock rail and regulator?

Search this Thread