Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pump Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Pump Question

I'm buying a 95 LT1 Z28 this weekend and need to drive it back cause its 2 and a half hours away. The problem is it wont start because of fuel delivery problems. I need to know every possible problem I could check before having to "nails on a chalk board" change the fuel pump. What are all the things you would check first. I haven't seen the car yet but the seller said it ran fine until a few weeks ago when the fuel pump sound stopped humming when the key was turned forward. He said he checked the fuses and relays and all seemed fine. I will probably go there with tools in hand prepared to replace the pump but I need to know EVERYTHING to double check before i take on that bear.

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend.

Brandon
Old 10-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you cant here the fuel pump any more its time to replace it. autozone sales the whole assembly only for 209.99 and you can get a walbro 255 on ebay for 99.99 but its just the pump. i would tell the seller to replace it so you dont have to.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:04 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just cut the trunk floor and fish the pump out that way. Or, like the previous poster said, have the seller take care of it. Who the hell sells a non-operational car anyway.

-I just checked out that Vato-zone pump; it's not complete, as it doesn't have the sending unit and some of the other stuff that normally comes with the complete "module" assembly. If you're cool with just replacing the pump there are plenty of options, but if you want the complete module then prepare to spend upward of $300 at least...