Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Injector Noise?

Old 11-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Noise?

There is a slight ticking noise coming from under the hood. I only really hear it when the engine idles down. At first I thought it was an exhaust leak, but I replaced both gaskets and the noise is still there. It sounds like it could be coming from one of the injectors on the driver side. Starting today I put in Lucas fuel injector cleaner and will continue to use it for the next couple fill ups. Hope that will solve the problem. The car runs great. Could an injector make a ticking noise when its dirty or going bad? Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssfugazi
There is a slight ticking noise coming from under the hood. I only really hear it when the engine idles down. At first I thought it was an exhaust leak, but I replaced both gaskets and the noise is still there. It sounds like it could be coming from one of the injectors on the driver side. Starting today I put in Lucas fuel injector cleaner and will continue to use it for the next couple fill ups. Hope that will solve the problem. The car runs great. Could an injector make a ticking noise when its dirty or going bad? Any insight would be appreciated.
absolutely, but, don't keep loading it up with injector cleaner as all the sediment in the lines and tank end up in the little filter basket in the injector. get a mechanics stethoscope and listen to the injectors.. they just might need to be serviced and cleaned off the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Noise?