Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

No fuel pressure after my friend crashed my car!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No fuel pressure after my friend crashed my car!

Last night I let my friend borrow my car for a few min (bad idea). He managed to fishtale and hit a curb and take out a water line. I got to the accident and the firefighter decided to cut my battery cable with some cutters ( ouch). I was pissed but there's nothing I could have done. I picked up my car this morning fixed the wire as best as I could and the car turned but did not start. I checked the fuel pressure by cranking I and poking at the fuel valve. No fuel came out at all. I did look underneath the car and I did notice the solenoid for the fuel pump or whatever it's called was dangling but all the wires are still attached. Can anyone help. Do our cars have a fuel cut-off of some sort. Btw my friend got a DUI and he is screwed. I only let him borrow for a few mins while I hung out with this girl while he waited at the bar till I was done. The bar and my friends house was only two blocks away. I shouldn't have let him borrow it but o well. Live and learn.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a 4th gen but, it most likely has a re-set switch some where just for the reason of a crash. Sorry to hear about your car.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man. I'll do some more searching.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:12 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

There is no fuel cut off switch, Fords have those. Check the relay, maybe it got blown or something. Also, what is dangling? It's probably the harness that powers the pump, but I don't see why anyone would cut or remove that...
Old 11-30-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

Yea, my Ford truck has one(that was hard to reveal). Just assumed newer GM products would have some sort of the same, didn't know.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Banned

check the relay like said above. and are you talking about the fuel filter dangling?