Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Upgrading Fuel Line

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Upgrading Fuel Line

Well, I've been battling a fuel leak for quite a while now. It's coming from the quick-disconnect side of my filter. I thought it was the filter before, so I replaced it. It was fine for a while, but started leaking again. So, I'm thinking the part of the line that goes into the filter is rotted. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. But, I figure, I'll just replace all the lines with braided stainless lines (from the tank to the fuel rail), and put in a different style filter, that just threads in on both sides, so I won't have to worry about the stupid quick-disconnect anyways. Plus, I was thinking the better lines would be good if I decide to tune my new motor for E85. So, my question is, what size of line (width and length), and what size/kind of fittings and adapters am I going to need to do this? It seems like it should be relatively simple, I'm just not sure what all sizes I will need.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Using rubber lined braided can/will result in fuel smell. Suggest use of teflon lined hose, if you want to avoid this possibility.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

I don't really mind the fuel smell. I just want a line that has the least chance of leaking, with good durability. And, what sizes of line and adapters I would need.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm upgrading my system too think im going with stainless steel tubing 1/2 supply and stock feed for return or going to use teflon lined -8 supply and stock feed for return.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Nevermind for now. I found the reason it was leaking earlier, and got it fixed. So, I think I may stick with stock lines for now.