Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Upgrading stock fuel system with parallel Bosch 044

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Upgrading stock fuel system with parallel Bosch 044

I have supercharged 99' corvette and im running out of fuel on high RPM. I got bosch 044 inline pump from a friend which im planing to install now. I know i will need loads of fitings and stuff. Just trying to figure out here the basics.
1. the plan is to drill the tank, install 2 fitting there( one for feed line and one for return).
2. the line from the feed fitting goes to the pre filter.
3. the line from the pre filter goes to the inline bosch 044 pump.
4. the line from the pump connects to the stock feed line and then both of them connects to the stock fuel rail.
5. at the end of stock fuel rail im planing to install adjustible fuel pressure regulator with return line back to the tank return fitting.
Would this work? What other parts do i need? What i have to do with stock fuel filter-regulator?
thanks for your answers and please dont sugest to buy new fuel system cause i live accros the pond and we have limited support here on LSX.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:55 AM
FormerVendor

I can help you out even though you are across the way I just sent one of our systems to Turkey and one to Canada in the next couple days. I would not drill the tank if at all possible. For one it can crack and leak easy and it is difficult for the pump to pull consistent fuel off the flat bottom of the tank. If you must ditch the stock filter and run a post filter enough line volume reg. after the rails and return line back to the factory fitting at the top of the tank (dont drill a second hole in your tank).

How much power are you planning on making? Our dual pump system makes over 1000rwhp.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
I can help you out even though you are across the way I just sent one of our systems to Turkey and one to Canada in the next couple days. I would not drill the tank if at all possible. For one it can crack and leak easy and it is difficult for the pump to pull consistent fuel off the flat bottom of the tank. If you must ditch the stock filter and run a post filter enough line volume reg. after the rails and return line back to the factory fitting at the top of the tank (dont drill a second hole in your tank).

How much power are you planning Our dual pump system makes over 1000rwhp.
thanks, i appreciate your offer.
my goal is 550-600whp on e85. what filter or filters should i use when stock filter is ditched

Quick Reply: Upgrading stock fuel system with parallel Bosch 044