Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

what are these injectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are these injectors

Hi
I bought a car with a blown Ls1 and have pulled the injectors but cant seem to find out anything about them. They are black and a greenish grey in colour they have RP on the black section which i believe stands for rochester products. the only other markings i can find is a H-65. I measured the impedance and its about 2.3 ohms.
Any help would be appreciated
Old 01-17-2010, 10:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by scf02
Hi
I bought a car with a blown Ls1 and have pulled the injectors but cant seem to find out anything about them. They are black and a greenish grey in colour they have RP on the black section which i believe stands for rochester products. the only other markings i can find is a H-65. I measured the impedance and its about 2.3 ohms.
i would say they are delphi 65lb low impedance. the only way to know for sure is to flow test one. you can send it in we won't charge you to find out exactly what it is.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
i would say they are delphi 65lb low impedance. the only way to know for sure is to flow test one. you can send it in we won't charge you to find out exactly what it is.
Hi would love to take you up on the offer but unfortunately i am in australia. Thanks all the same for the offer and the info.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scf02
Hi
How did you measure the impedance? A multimeter will not measure impedance It measures DC resistance. And a PCM drive signal to the injector is DC.

Impedance: Electrical impedance, or simply impedance, describes a measure of opposition to alternating current (AC). Electrical impedance extends the concept of resistance to AC circuits, describing not only the relative amplitudes of the voltage and current, but also the relative phases. When the circuit is driven with direct current (DC) there is no distinction between impedance and resistance; the latter can be thought of as impedance with zero phase angle.

Speakers have a impedance rating on the back. This is NOT a dc resistance value. This is because the audio power delivered from the output section of an amplifier outputs AC.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by remauto1187
How did you measure the impedance? A multimeter will not measure impedance It measures DC resistance. And a PCM drive signal to the injector is DC.

Impedance: Electrical impedance, or simply impedance, describes a measure of opposition to alternating current (AC). Electrical impedance extends the concept of resistance to AC circuits, describing not only the relative amplitudes of the voltage and current, but also the relative phases. When the circuit is driven with direct current (DC) there is no distinction between impedance and resistance; the latter can be thought of as impedance with zero phase angle.

Speakers have a impedance rating on the back. This is NOT a dc resistance value. This is because the audio power delivered from the output section of an amplifier outputs AC.
that is some great info. Lets make this simple. That injector is a peak and hold coil (low imp). If you put a ohm meter across the two terminals on the injector you should get a reading of 2.3 ohms. If its a saturated coil (high imp) it will read somewhere between 12 and 16 depending on the manufacturer of the injector. We use a impedance bridge to measure the coil inductance and Q, you can easily find a turn to turn short, By the way. I am sorry, but I did not understand a single thing in you statement.. I always thought that all coils had resistance, therefor, a ohm meter can read that coil to determine if its hi or low impedance, so we can get the car running
Old 02-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Launching!

that is some great info. Lets make this simple. That injector is a peak and hold coil (low imp). If you put a ohm meter across the two terminals on the injector you should get a reading of 2.3 ohms. If its a saturated coil (high imp) it will read somewhere between 12 and 16 depending on the manufacturer of the injector. We use a impedance bridge to measure the coil inductance and Q, you can easily find a turn to turn short, By the way. I am sorry, but I did not understand a single thing in you statement.. I always thought that all coils had resistance, therefor, a ohm meter can read that coil to determine if its hi or low impedance, so we can get the car running
Yes, all electrical coils have a resistance value, but a coil that is powered by AC is described to have a impedance value for the coil. But it is impossible to read impedance of anything with a multimeter! Impedance is a loads opposition to current flow with a AC current with respesct to the phase angles applied NOT a DC current. You can read the resistance (DC) of the coil and compare it to known values with a multimeter. Obviously an infinite (open) value is bad and that injector is junk. You can ohm out anything that is powered by AC but you will get its DC resistance value from a multimeter and the actual values will be different from each other.
Want an example? Go find a 8 or 16 ohm car speaker and ohm it out...you wont read 8 or 16 ohms....because that car speaker is fed an AC signal from the amplifier not DC. DC is bad for speakers and will destroy them eventually.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Just did a search to identify some 73 pound injectors. Whoever posted this, thank you, thank you.

BTW: They are Siemans 3145 low impedance. Circuit limits the current to 4 Amps IIRC.

Al 95 Z28