Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS1 fuel system setup in my Land Rover?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 fuel system setup in my Land Rover?

I'm brain dead...I've searched and read until my eyes hurt. I've got a stock '00 LS1 going into my '71 Land Rover project. It has the '97 Corvette fuel rail with inlet and outlet. The fuel tank is a Rock Valley custom with an outlet, return and vent. My thoughts are to install -6 AN elbows at the tank. The outlet would feed a fuel filter using applicable flex hose and connectors. It would continue up to the rail inlet using a -6 AN to 3/8" quick connector. A -6 AN to 5/16" quick connect adapter would exit the rail then be routed to a FPR (with gauge) on the bulkhead. The FPR outlet would return to the -6 AN fitting at the tank. That seems simple enough with adequate fuel to feed a stock engine. So as my brain melts away I have couple of questions...
Is that funky little cylinder (no vacuum tap) on the fuel rail crossover tube a a pulse damper (I'm assuming the corvette had the regulator in the in-tank pump assembly)?
Is there any advantage to a FPR with the vacuum tap considering this is a stock engine?
What FPR would you recommend (I have new unknown FPR in hand)?
Do you have part numbers readily available for the fittings I will need (from those that have gone down this path before)?
I can tolerate flaming if need be. Please don't recommend an aftermarket rail system or go off topic. This is a stock LS1 in an 2800lb 88" wheelbased 4x4 and not intended to be a race car. Thanks for all you can help.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Your rails are regulated so no need for an external regulator. Your pump is in the tank? You are almost correct just bypass the reg and come out the 5/16" fitting straight back to the tank. Feel free to give me a call I can help you set it up properly.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Nate, Thanks a lot. I spent too much of work today looking at the web for info. There's so little valuable info and too much worthless garbage. I pulled the 'regulator' tonight and ran the p/n. Only one hit came up but it confirmed what you've told me too. There are still a couple of questions. What about the pulse damper that would have been in the OEM pump assembly? The Rock Valley tank has an in-tank pump without this damper. Is it needed or does it make no decernable difference considering my application? I'm I better off running Earl's or Russell's hose between the engine and tank or should I install mostly hard line with flex hoses at both ends? What fuel filter are most of you using?