Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pump Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel Pump Issue?

Lately my car has not wanted to start until you turn the key off and on 3 or 4 times and then when you turn it over it will fire up. Sometimes though I can hop in it and it will start the first time. Also when it does not start and I try it a few times and then it does fire it doesn't smell like raw fuel. You can hear the fuel pump priming the system when you turn the key so it's not the relay. Once it does start it runs fine, but I do not have a wideband to verfiy proper a/f ratio. Also I had a cam (TR230) installed about 3k miles ago and my tuner had to crank the duty cycle up to around 100% on my injectors to get the a/f right. (stockers) Does this sound like a pump issue? Is there such thing as a "weak" pump? If so is this all I need to replace my stocker?

Part # 135-F99-FPA

From here

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=165
Old 03-24-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

"my tuner had to crank the duty cycle up to around 100% on my injectors to get the a/f right." Huh?? Duty cycle is a calculated value, not a setting made in a tune.
Check the fuel pressure on start up.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O.k. Maybe it wasn't the duty cycle, but he had to keep adding fuel to get the car to fatten up beyond what he said was a normal setting. Sry I'm not a tuner