Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Performance Solution Racetronix

Old 04-10-2010, 07:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Performance Solution Racetronix

I'm happy to say solution presented it self with only the replacement of Racetronix fuel system.

I purchased 2000 TA for my son with 403 ci. LS motor. The service engine light was on continuously on not to mention poor performance. I did compression check and leak down check all checked fine. Scanned for codes only to find misfire codes and few others? After replacing spark plug wires,O2 sensors and spark plugs. I decided to check the fuel pressure only to find the fuel psi was fluctuating down below 40 psi after the car warmed-up. Considering the car's computer was pulling timing amongst other things the car was shifting odd as well I decided to replace the entire fuel system with Racetronix pump, hotwire system and new fuel module. What surprised me after the fuel system install was the service engine light turned off and the car's performance was night and day difference. All of the problems experienced are now gone. Oddly I was surprised how much affect the fuel pressure had on the cars performance and computer. I thought the fuel psi would have to be much lower to kick the computer in limp mode? I guess not.

I have to say for the money it was cheap fix and the fuel psi is at 60psi and under load full throttle the fuel pressure only drops 3 psi. Very good product I give it 10 rating!

I hope this helps others chasing performance issues.

Take Care,
Jim
Old 04-11-2010, 07:32 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofast
I'm happy to say solution presented it self with only the replacement of Racetronix fuel system.

I purchased 2000 TA for my son with 403 ci. LS motor. The service engine light was on continuously on not to mention poor performance. I did compression check and leak down check all checked fine. Scanned for codes only to find misfire codes and few others? After replacing spark plug wires,O2 sensors and spark plugs. I decided to check the fuel pressure only to find the fuel psi was fluctuating down below 40 psi after the car warmed-up. Considering the car's computer was pulling timing amongst other things the car was shifting odd as well I decided to replace the entire fuel system with Racetronix pump, hotwire system and new fuel module. What surprised me after the fuel system install was the service engine light turned off and the car's performance was night and day difference. All of the problems experienced are now gone. Oddly I was surprised how much affect the fuel pressure had on the cars performance and computer. I thought the fuel psi would have to be much lower to kick the computer in limp mode? I guess not.

I have to say for the money it was cheap fix and the fuel psi is at 60psi and under load full throttle the fuel pressure only drops 3 psi. Very good product I give it 10 rating!

I hope this helps others chasing performance issues.

Take Care,
Jim

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 04-18-2010, 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofast
I purchased 2000 TA for my son with 403 ci. LS motor...

man, you should write a book for all dads lol.

Search this Thread