Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix fuel pump problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Racetronix fuel pump problem

Just installed a racetronix fuel pump and hot wire kit on my 99 trans am. Got it all in and turned the key on to cycle the pump. First couple times the pressure held. After that though when the when i turn the key and the pump is running it will hold at 62lbs. After the pump has cycled and turns off though the fuel pressure drops instantly to 0. I've been told it's probably the check valve in the pump that isn't working right. Anything else it could be.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Typically it is not the check valve, but rather the connection to the fuel sender.

For best results you should contact the dealer you bought it from for tech support.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks i was going to check that when i get the pump out. I ended up ordering right from racetronix becausei could not get a hold of you because i work second shift. Wish i would have just had my dad order it though from you because i can not get a hold of racetronix themselves. They do everything via email and they don't respond back well at all. All they have sent me so far was a forum just for racetronics. Hopefully it is just the sending line otherwise i have to figure out how to get a different pump from them.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

Hopefully getting the pump out this weekend to figure out what's wrong with it. I need to get this done so i can get this car tuned.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tranb000
Thanks i was going to check that when i get the pump out. I ended up ordering right from racetronix becausei could not get a hold of you because i work second shift. Wish i would have just had my dad order it though from you because i can not get a hold of racetronix themselves. They do everything via email and they don't respond back well at all. All they have sent me so far was a forum just for racetronics. Hopefully it is just the sending line otherwise i have to figure out how to get a different pump from them.
In order to properly diagnose your problem you will have to join our support forum and interact with a tech. As Lonnie stated, this problem happens sometimes and it is usually installation related.

Both your e-mails were replied to in apx. one hour. Your first one was sent to the wrong dept. on a Saturday.

Yahoo and Hotmail are notorious for flagging e-mails as SPAM so it is best to check your SPAM folder first.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 07-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply hopefully finding out this weekend tank is ready to drop now
Old 07-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

took the pump out and the clamp for the sending unit wasn't tight enough. Now when i turn the key and it cycles the pressure goes up to 62lbs when the pump runs and slowly drops down when the pump stops, Is this normal for the fuel pressure to drop slowly when the pump stops cycling. When running the pressure is at 62lbs and when i blip the throttle it drops to 60lbs real quick. Just wondering if this is all normal.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds normal to me.

Quick Reply: Racetronix fuel pump problem