Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pump regulator bullshi1

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump regulator bullshi1

I posted a week or so ago I thought my fuel pump had gone out. Long story short I was right. It had already been changed before as evidenced by the trap door already being in place. I ordered a walbro 340 pump kit. I couldn't get the whole installation kit for four or five days from anyone. Dennis at sho-mespeed hooked me up with the pump next day delivery. Cool dude by the way. Now my new problem. The fuel line the holds the regulator in the tank has a plastic "cup" that the regulator sits in. Somehow now the cup is warped and the regulator keeps pushing out of the cup. The only place I can find the new hose with the cup is on a new oem pump assembly for the tune of $450 or so. My car has enough work done now a stock pump wont do. Here's my question. What if I just do away with the internal regulator run a straight piece of hose and install an external regulator by the filter or someplace like that? Anybody else done this or had it happen to them? For that matter does anyone know the piece Im talking about or maybe where I could get one? I need help bad. Tired of dickin with this. Let me know of anything you guys might know thanks alot.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK I'll try this short and to the point:
1. Does anyone have that piece of tubing with the regulator mount, that is usable and would be willing to sell?
2. Anybody running the external regulator and what kind of hoses and connections did you use?

Thanks for any help.