Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need new fuel pump asap

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need new fuel pump asap

Driving down the freeway 50 miles from my house, car died. Would start but kept turning off after ~ 30 sec.

Had to tow it to a mechanic. Checked it out and said the fuel pump was toast.

Car has a Texas Speed T2 Cam and long tubes. Bought it used with these mods.

Don't know what kind of fuel pump was in it. Do you need an aftermarket fuel pump for these mods? Need to buy one asap so I can have it shipped to the mechanic for install.

Need advice on what to buy. And does the car need to be tuned at all afterwards? Thanks for any help.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them in stock if you need one.

At your power level, you do not necessarily need a larger fuel pump, but for the minimal cost difference, you might as well upgrade while you are at it.

A performance replacement pump will not require a re-tune.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply.

I stopped by the mechanic shop today to confirm exactly what parts needed to be replaced. Others I've talked to and the mechanic himself claim the stock unit is the most reliable. They want to replace the entire fuel pump assembly unit. Problem is they want ~$650 for one, + the labor which totals to near $1k.

Found this part which I think is what I want, but I'm not entirely sure.

AC Delco MU1730
Old 06-27-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BeavermanA
Thanks for the reply.

I stopped by the mechanic shop today to confirm exactly what parts needed to be replaced. Others I've talked to and the mechanic himself claim the stock unit is the most reliable. They want to replace the entire fuel pump assembly unit. Problem is they want ~$650 for one, + the labor which totals to near $1k.

Found this part which I think is what I want, but I'm not entirely sure.

AC Delco MU1730
OK well i bet none of those guys have ever seen or heard of a racetronix pump. The racetronix pumps are direct replacments, and require zero modification to fit inside the stock fuel bucket, unlike every other after market pump out there. **** the racetronix even comes with the stock style fuel line (think bendy straw). They are a 100% perfect fit replacement.
You can get a mild upgrade that supports 400HP for $107
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...PA-016&eq=&Tp=
or you can get yourself the performance pump that supports 600HP for $150
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...PA-001&eq=&Tp=
Both pump are 100% direct replacement pumps that require zero modification to your factory system, and both are WALBRO pumps, which is one of the biggest names in fuel pumps. If you plan on some HP later on down the road just get yourself the performance pump.
TONS AND TONS of members on here can tell you how high of quality the racetronix pumps are, don't waste your money on a factory pump.

LOL and no I don't work for them, but I was extremely impressed with the quality and ease of installation.

Quick Reply: Need new fuel pump asap