Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

24lb injectors in stock 93 z28?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24lb injectors in stock 93 z28?

would swapping 24lb injectors give me anymore power? 93 lt1's have 22lb ones and when it got my car echecked they said it barely passed the nxo whatever the hell one and they said i might be a little lean. (im running a tiny magnaflow cat) it still passed and runs ok but more power is always better. and would i even need a tune since its from pretty much the same exact engine. i have CAI and full exhaust to.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bigger injectors will only add power if your current injectors are limiting you.

You would need a tune to calibrate for larger injectors if you go that route.

It's more likely your '93 vintage injectors are in need of a good cleaning and flow checking, check w/ FIC or other sponsors here. NOx (oxides of nitrogen) emissions generally increase when the fuel mixture is lean, BTW, and cats do nothing significant to react N-O compounds.

I'd just send the injectors off for a thorough checkup and cleaning. New Era Perf did mine a few years back, came back w/ new o-rings, filter baskets, and a flow sheet showing each injector's tested flow rate.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93z28ltfun
would swapping 24lb injectors give me anymore power? 93 lt1's have 22lb ones and when it got my car echecked they said it barely passed the nxo whatever the hell one and they said i might be a little lean. (im running a tiny magnaflow cat) it still passed and runs ok but more power is always better. and would i even need a tune since its from pretty much the same exact engine. i have CAI and full exhaust to.
we offer custom flowed sets for the 93 lt1.we use a bosch 3 it flows 23lbs this injector has a much quicker on and off times and has great atomization.which will give you more performance.these are also 100% stainless internals so you won't have to worry about ethenal in our fuels.
http://www.corvetteinjectors.com/sho...p?productid=59

Quick Reply: 24lb injectors in stock 93 z28?