Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Single plane intake and edelbrock fuel rails, a few questions about installation.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single plane intake and edelbrock fuel rails, a few questions about installation.

I bought a Victor Jr. intake on an impulse trying to get into the 9's in the quarter and I thought it would be a simple swap with my LS6 intake...I was very wrong. I have searched around and still have some questions. The fuel system on F-Body cars is a returnless system correct? What is that thing in between the stock fuel rails on the cross over line? It appears to be a fuel pressure regulator, but I have been told that the fuel pressure regulator is in the tank by the fuel pump. I have heard it could be the fuel pressure sensor but not sure. Whatever it is, do I need a new one? Also there is an electical type connector that goes into the back of the LS6 intake, there is no place for it to plug into on the vic jr intake, do I delete it or what? I know I need to get a fitting and about 2 foot of stainless braided line to go from the hard fuel line to the fuel rail, a cross over line to connect to the other fuel rail, and a plug. But I have a wet nitrous kit. How and where can I connect the fuel solenoid for my nitrous kit?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is also a big line that runs from the break booster to the back of the LS6 intake, what should I do with that? There is no place for it to plug into on the vic jr intake.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Could really use some help with this guys.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Do some searches bud, there is a lot of info out there on this. I will try and give you a few quick tips. I recently installed a super vic which is actually similar with one less vacuum port. So on the vic jr there should be a port in one of the runners. This is ideal for the brake booster hose. You can also set up a "T" to run another vacuum line to this source. There is also a vacuum port on the plenum, you may have to "T" off as well. The thing you think is a regulator is actually the evap solenoid. I chose to keep mine and plumbed it into one of the TB ports. A new hose was required obviously. Hope this helps
Old 07-13-2011, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

also, I assume that electrical connector you are referring to is the MAP sensor. Your intake should have come with a bracket for it, it is up to you to plumb it in after that. As far as your nitrous, just hook it up the way you most likely did with the ls6 intake, but instead of using the fp port, use the port on the end of the rail you would normally have blocked off
Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah once the intake and rails came in the mail I seen the vacuum port on the back runner and on the plenum. I dont have a bracket for the MAP because I bought this intake used, but I will plum it and figure it out. I have it all figured out now except for the Russell fitting that I bought to connect the stock 3/8" feed line to a stainless braided line then up to the fuel rail. I removed the stock rubber line and tried to put that connector on the hard line and it will not fit or stay on. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Single plane intake and edelbrock fuel rails, a few questions about installation.