Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Which is better - FAST LS3 injector spacers, or LS1 injectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 397 Likes on 289 Posts

Default Which is better - FAST LS3 injector spacers, or LS1 injectors

I'm looking at the LS3 fuel injector spacer kit for FAST 102 LSXR intake and I notice the spacer raises the injector nozzle further away from the intake passage. Wouldn't this effect the fuel spray pattern into the intake runner? I'm surprised the spacer isn't on top of the injector intead. Would it be better to use the longer LS1 style injectors so the nozzle is in the correct location? Does it even matter?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going on the bottom would effect the spray pattern, we have height adapters for LS3 to full length that go on top of the injectors.

If you don't already have injectors we do have full length injectors up to 212lb and hour that will fit.

Here is a pic of our 1000cc LS3's with the spacer attached, price on the spacers are $8.95 each, PM or email to order.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, like FIC said, I run a set of LS7 injectors (LS3 style) and made some adapters to make them the original length as my original LS1 injectors. Got about 30,000 miles on the setup and no leaks or adverse effects of any kind. So, I wouldn't hesitate to run spacers on the top side of the injector towards the rail. Just make sure when you put them on that you don't pinch an O-ring or roll an O-ring out of the groove for the adapters...been there. Then I learned about a thing called O-ring grease..they slid in like butter, and when cured dry, helps to swell the O-ring so it makes a better seal in the pockets.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 397 Likes on 289 Posts

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Which is better - FAST LS3 injector spacers, or LS1 injectors