Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

NEED YOUR OPINION (Pic Attached)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED YOUR OPINION (Pic Attached)

Hey guys, I've planned out my fuel system and this is what I've got: I'm planning on using russell twist lok fittings and have included an 85 micron pre-filter and a 35 micron post filter in the setup, along with the corvette filter regulator. Is this correct for a stock LS6 (with headers and a chip). Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

Last edited by NovaKid; 08-10-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

You can ditch the Earl's post pump filter because the Corvette filter/regulator will be screening much finer already. No point in adding another restriction to the system

May or may not help, but check that strait hose will actually fit under your car. I had to swap to mostly 90* hose ends to get around unmovable things like frame. If straits fit, good for you, you saved a bunch of money

For a 3rd gen. Main difference for yours is the inline pump while this uses and in tank unit
Old 08-11-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Your Return line and supply to the rail looks fine,
There are many extras from the tank to the corvette regulator.
Could you just use a -6 at the tank? if its already -8 then you can put an adapter to downsize to the -6 at the tank and save running any -8. and the post pump filter is not necessary because the corvette reg is a filter as well.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys, you saved me some time and money!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Teching In

My 2 cents.

When I had the camaro, I had an inline pump (a vortec t-rex) vs an in tank unit too. It would take it a couple of seconds to prime every time i started the car, so keep that in mind, yours is probably gonna do that too. Most modern efi setups either have a low pressure pump in the tank along with the inline pump, or just the high pressure pump directly in the tank. You dont really have that option.

Anyway, you can do all -6 fittings and save some money, I had all -6 and I had a blower on mine and it was fine. You can also save some money by running your regulator back at the tank. So, you have like a 1 foot hose going from the fuel cell to the regulator (I had an adjustable aeromotive, you can borrow my fuel pressure gauge to get it set up right if you need to) and a 1 foot hose going back to the tank. That way you only have to run 1 -6 all the way up to the motor. Having the regulator back at the tank is pretty common, for example both our trucks have the regulator in the tank right above the fuel pump.

I agree that you only need one filter.

We still gotta have a race when we're done.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good information
Old 08-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Launching!

I think you can save a few bucks by rethinking some of your hose sizes and fittings. For instance coming off the fuel cell if it's tight use a -8/-8 90* hose end and run -8 hose to the 85 micron filter but use a 230208ERL filter which uses -8 male ends instead of -6. Use a 9892086ERL to adapt the outlet of the filter to a -6 fitting and then use an Aeroquip FBM2915 to attach the filter directly to the fuel pump adapter. Also ditch the post filter as mentioned.

Quick Reply: NEED YOUR OPINION (Pic Attached)