Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aero Stealth 11142 install question

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Stealth 11142 install question

Man this was a pain. Cut a access panel on my 98 bird to get to the pump. Mine had to be wider than Ive seen just so i could get to all the line connections. Then I had to hack the bottom of my assembly to get the pump and strainer to fit correctly. LNow, the electrical connection (at the pump) is different than my factory lS pump. I had to cut and splice the new connection in. Everything works but my concern is the connection. Whats gonna be the best way to secure the splice i did? I mean you cant wrap e-tape on a fuel submerged connector right? Im just concerned with fire or explosion possibilities more than anything. Is my concern justified? Thanks.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Launching!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...ur-setups.html this link and the links on this page may help
Old 08-14-2011, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

ok...that put me on the right track. TY. it led me to this link....

http://www.gonicd.com/intankinstall/...mpinstall.html
Old 08-14-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Generic parts store heat shrink is either PVC or polyolefin, both are gasoline resistant. Solder and shrink wrap the splices

You wont have a fire risk, or explosion (which would be cool). Risk is the 12v wire contacting something grounded, like a return line or the steel tank and popping the fuse. If you're over-fused you may melt wires and/or short out the pump