Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

No Fuel Pressure After Accident!!!Help Me!!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Fuel Pressure After Accident!!!Help Me!!

I posted the story under the western forum...long story short,I was hit from behind more on the driverside quarter panel,good enough to spin the car 180degrees...immediately after the hit the car shut off an now won't start.I swap the fuel filter,check the fuses and relays an all are good.Fuels leaving the tank, passing the fuel filter and up to the fuel rails but still no start.I sprayd starter fluid and she fires right up but only burns what I sprayd into the tb and then stalls!...any suggestions or advice would be GREATLY appreciated
Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

It might be getting there but depends how much and pressure.I would check the pressure at the rail and see what you get.Also I would mention that to the claims person and should take care of it for you.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

what car, is it OBDII check faults?
Old 08-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Would low/no fuel pressure shoot a code?
Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy?
Would low/no fuel pressure shoot a code?
Not 100% sure in a F body but my 99 silverado did not.find the S valve on the fuel rail and push it.if it doesn't spray high pressure back at you then that a dead giveaway.if your not sure or another car nearby to compare to just hook a gauge up to it and see what you got.I'd put money on your fuel pump got tweaked when you got hit.GL
Old 08-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Okay...I filled the tank to top hoping the weight of the fuel in the tank would create some backpressure to get the fuel flowing,tried cranking it and it wantd to turn over but just wouldn't AND the guage is showing below empty when I just filled it last night??
Old 08-26-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

Okay...I filled the tank to top hoping the weight of the fuel in the tank would create some backpressure to get the fuel flowing,tried cranking it and it wantd to turn over but just wouldn't AND the guage is showing below empty when I just filled it last night??

That would be a bad sending unit.If you got hit good enough to mess up the sending unit im sure the actual pump is the same.Did you try to check pressure at the fuel rail? You will get all your answers there
Old 08-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Checkd at the fuel rails and only got 2-3psi
Old 08-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Bad sending unit??can that be replaced or do I hav to replace the whole fuel pump itself?
Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

Checkd at the fuel rails and only got 2-3psi

Saw this after I sent you that message back.Your Fuel Pump/Sending Unit is Bad.Fuel Pressure should be at or very close to 58psi at the fuel rail.If you plan on putting down some good power with the car I would suggest a Walboro 255 Fuel pump with Hotwire Kit.Theres a few sponsers on here that sells real walboro's.Do not buy any off Ebay.Youll also need a new sending unit so see if they can help you out there also.Then when your ready to install.You can either do it the hard way.Drop the rear axle to drop the whole fuel tank to get to the pump.....Or you can lift the carpet up in the hatch area and cut a access panel which is easiest.Theres a writeup on here somewhere.Maybe a Sponser or someone else can chime in
Old 08-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

if the cars been in an accident check for 12V at the pump within 5 seconds of the key being on, or while cranking. ive seen alot of wiring issues in cars after accidents, wires get pinched and raise hell
Old 08-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Teching In

I'm about to drop the tank and I wana clarify where I should jack the car up? And where to place the flor jacks without doing any damage?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

have fun with that put the jack stands near where the lower control arms mount so the axle can sag to give you more room, your also dropping your exhaust. some people will call you a hack but you can cut a hole under the carpet in the rear of the car and easily access the fuel pump. I did it on mine and made a trick door. ill post the pic of dimensions
Attached Thumbnails No Fuel Pressure After Accident!!!Help Me!!-fuel-pump-door.jpg  

Last edited by popethe5th; 08-31-2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: picture
Old 09-02-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

^^^ Thanks for posting that up for people.If anyone calls you a hack they are retarded.Its a smart move rather than dropping exhaust,then rear end,then finally the gas tank to change out the fuel pump and then do it all again in reverse.If you cut the access door in the hatch you cut the time in more than half of the job.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Fuel Pressure After Accident!!!Help Me!!