Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel system question for turbo ls project

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel system question for turbo ls project

I have a 89 notch that i'm swapping a single 76MM turbo'd 4.8 into. I was just wonder on what everyone's opinions were on what type of fuel system and what kind of pumps i should go with. I want to keep it pump gas(93) and the motor i'm hoping to make around 600-650 at 15lbs. I want to use the stock gas tank and do a dual intank walbro setup, but i have no idea on what to run as far as once it gets to the engine.. As in if i should do a return style, or a returnless. Anyone have any input or diagrams? I've heard to use the corvette fuel filter with the regulator, but do i just run that into my fuel rail and block off the return line?

any input would be awesome
Old 09-11-2011, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably the simplest thing to do if you are firm on the idea of two pumps is to run a single #8 to the front to an external FPR that is boost referenced and return to the tank with a #6 line. You are probably going to want to install a Hobbs switch to turn the other pump on under boost ~3psi because there is no sense running those things ***** out if you are puttering around town. Puts an ton of heat into the fuel and will ultimately cause pressure issues.

There are other ways to do it (I only recommend the AN lines because i have no clue what the stock Mustang fuel line diameter is) but IMHO the above is fairly easy.

Good luck!
Dave

Quick Reply: Fuel system question for turbo ls project