Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aeromotive fuel and boost regulator RSI sytem

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeromotive fuel and boost regulator RSI sytem

Hi Guys,
i have the Racing solutions RSI Stage 3 Advanced Fuel System and use it in a Corvette C5 with an agressive 402 VSY V7 blower engine.
At the moment i`m tuning the car and today i saw i had 94% injector duty cycle already at 5000 rpm with about 17 psi boost.
The car runs 24 psi boost and 6500 rpm.

I use the 1000 ccm injector dynamics injectors
I set the ground pressure at the aeromotive fuel pressure regulator to 50 psi
I connected the boost noozle from the aeromotive regulator to the intake manifold to rise the fuel pressure under boost

Is the problem that i set the ground pressure with 50 psi fuel pressure too little so that the pressure can`t rise high enough under boost or are the pumps too small or are the pumps not enough to maintance the fuel pressure?

Do i think right:
When we rise the ground pressure from the aueromotive for example 10 psi to 60 psi then the boost regulator from the aeromotive starts with more pressure and opens farther at for example 17 psi boost then if it would start with 50 psi ground pressure?

Or is there a problem with the pumps?

steve

RSI Stage 3 Advanced Fuel System with GSS341 255lph Walbros

Link Removed

Last edited by Ryan K; 09-14-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, what is the fuel pressure doing?when you are at 17psi boost, is it 67 psi fuel pressure?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not to expect over 70psi with Walbro pumps. They are not designed for high pressure & flow poorly at high pressures.

Your quantity of pumps vs. injector size do not add up. 2 pumps will outflow your injectors.

Also many regulators do not boost reference correctly at high pressures. This could also be your problem.