Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Horrible gas mileage questions...

Old 09-23-2011, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Horrible gas mileage questions...

Wasn't 100% sure if this ent in this section, but mods if it doesn't belong here please move it.

I recently filled up my tank to do a test to see how many MPG's I am getting. It was completely full, and I am now at 1/4 tank and have gone 100 miles. Yes its mostly city driving and no real highway so I understand it'll be on the low side. See my mods in my sig... I have recently added the FAST 92/Jantzer 92 combo so I haven't had them tuned in yet but have had everything else tuned. My car since adding the intake and throttle body doesn't want to stay running until it's warmed up, which I am assuming is because of the increased air being sucked into the engine. My car also smells like it's running very rich, and smoke comes out of the exhaust often. Also, I don't know if this is normal but when I turn the heater on it smells really bad now, like fuel or something. So my question is, is my car running so bad because I just need to retune the intake and throttle body? I thought the PCM may be trying to make up for all the air coming in by dumping large amounts of fuel into the engine but I am not an engine expert by any means. Please any info will be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your getting fuel smell inside the car check and make sure your Fuel pressure regulator is not leaking. pull the vacuum line off of it, if its squirting gas replace it.. and for sure sounds like you need to re tune
Old 09-24-2011, 06:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2000 Camaro the pressure regulator is in the fuel pump module in the tank. If you recently had the fuel system apart to add the modifications. Chek all the fuel line fittings for leaking. Yes, you need to retune.
Attached Thumbnails Horrible gas mileage questions...-img_1009croped.jpg  

Search this Thread