Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Little help on Meth injection...on a jeep 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little help on Meth injection...on a jeep 4.0

Yes thats correct this isn't about a LSX. I come here because I know you guys are very very knowledgeable and I'm looking to learn a thing or to.

I'm 19 and have a lot to learn but I also know quite a bit. I come from built 2jz's..I've built 3 myself, 1 high comp. 10:1 running 13-16lbs depending on gas & tune. Making just shy of 500whp in a IS300 through a built auto trans. And 1 I'm very proud of making over 800whp at the wheels, weekend car! Well all those guys I've ever done work for have run meth. I understand it & everything, just not sure how it would work on a jeep..1988 jeep cherokee to be exact! I'm on a few jeep sits, but meth hasn't even been mentioned on those sights.
I know on boosted cars it triggered off a psi switch..I guess you could call it. X amount of psi it turns off, under that target & it turns off. I know meth is beneficial when needed, and if you look below, you'll see its needed in my case lol.

Well if of you guys know the jeep 4.0, then you know it doesn't like compression and its plauged with heat issues..intake & exhaust on same side of the head...So now that I'm rebuilding my 4.0 I plan to run meth! I plan on a stock block, .60 over pistons to unshroud the valves, LS1 valves, small cam, ported head ect ect..

Specs:
9.52 SCR
8.26 DCR
0.043 quench..can't get this any smaller!

Stock Specs:
8.69 SCR
6.36 DCR
0.0725 quench

Currently I tryed to advance my timing by 6* on 89oct and it detenated. Knock sensor pulled the timing right back. I live in cali & treat my jeep like a race car..3" and 31's with a 5 speed and 3.73's in it..its quick but I want the most out of it! So I want to run meth..I know I'll benefit from it, mainly because of high AIT because of the same intake/exhaust side head. And also because there isn't much room to go in these 4.0s without high octane gas!
I'm currently controling my motor with a Apexi Neo & monitoring with my AEM afr setup..the Renix knock sensor pulls timing if I go to far so I'm covered there.

So I guess my questions are, how does meth trigger on a N/a type setup? Is there a specific kit for N/A setups? Any help that can be offered here?

I eventually plan to throw a 35-50 shot at this thing, just because I love watching people look at me like I'm crazy when I walk by them!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

I don't know a whole lot about meth systems but I believe most of the companies offer meth kits for NA motors. I think it is triggered by vacuum but not positive on that. I know snow makes a kit that goes based on a MAF sensor output so you could use that with boost or NA.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:23 PM

We run a MAP though..not sure if it'll matter.
I've seen them running off maf voltage before, but never anything about map.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Some kits use map sensors or can be set up with a throttle switch. I know Devils own has N/A kits and they use map sensors to control most of theirs.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by turningfast
Some kits use map sensors or can be set up with a throttle switch. I know Devils own has N/A kits and they use map sensors to control most of theirs.
Awsome I love the Devils own kits..always used those.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you're going to trigger it from throttle position, just put a micro switch on it, either under the pedal or on the throttle body like N2o trigger switches.
You don't "have" to run the hobbs switch (psi switch to you)
Old 11-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Karmen, I dont mean to throw you off this forum but head over to Hesco.us these guys know the 4.0 better that jeep does .

Quick Reply: Little help on Meth injection...on a jeep 4.0