Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

grrr....thats the sound of my frustration slowly building

Old 11-08-2011, 07:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 156 Likes on 127 Posts

Default grrr....thats the sound of my frustration slowly building

i dropped the tank in my 1998 ls1, and replaced the pump and sending unit while i pulled my ten bolt to replace with an s60.......i got the racetronix and the plug and play harness all hooked up, and with the tank "NOT FULLY TORQUED IN" and with the straps loose, i tried to start her and she fired right up no problems......so i shut her off and began to reassemble the car.....i tightend the tank down, got the s60 fully installed, and everything back together.....tried to start and now it wont start......pulled the line at the filter and when i crank no fuel comes out.....ok so pumps not working........i remove the exhaust as well as the pan hard bar and brace and the shields.....i lower the tank enough for me to feel around the top and it all feels fine....turn the key and my coffee can with my hose in it is now filling with gas...ok cool......i reput everything back together again, and now it wont start again.......i wiggle the factory group of wires that lead to the top of the tank, and try to start and the car starts........with it running i wiggle the bundle and the fuel pump cuts out and starts to stall....move them back to where it worked and the pump starts to work.......talked to lonnies performance and he said to unplug everything and check for a connection, if that doent work drop the tank and start over......just wondering if you guys could give a little insight....think ill just start the car and wiggle each individual wire till it cuts out to find the culprit before i drop it a 3rd time
Old 11-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an FYI. I can not comment on the lose connection but I understand there is a way to gain access to the top of the tank without dropping everything. There is a procedure out on the internet which involves cutting an opening in your trunk above the tank, then replacing it with a flat piece of sheet metal. The access opening is seam seal or sheet metal screwed in then covered normally. An easy solution to working on your issue w/o dropping everything.
John

Search this Thread