Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Teflon hose

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Teflon hose

ordered the summit brand 6an teflon braided hose and it came it today and looks to be the same size as my 4AN turbo feed line.. problem is my fuel line is 6an and the new teflon braided line looks way too small. called summit racing and they said that the line i had was 6an. so what teflon hose do i need thats the same size as my old 6an hose? OH and the rep i talked to said that i was mistaken that the regular braided lines were weaping fuel and thats what is causing my 3 year old lines to smell.... said there were other problems...right....
Old 11-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Teflon hoses have a much thinner wall thickness, so they look smaller. I have all Teflon on mine and they look much smaller than the standard rubber crap.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

i can tell you this that Teflon braided line looks smaller visually but the inner diameter compared from the inner rubber hose and Teflon is very close plus/minus or the same i can tell you this because i ran my complete fuel system Teflon here is a pic of -8an Teflon and yes this is #8
Attached Thumbnails Teflon hose-dscn0649.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Turd Gen Guy

so do i need any special fittings for the teflon lines vs. the rubber hose that was on the car? i just have regular summit brand an fittings
Old 11-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the wrong kind of teflon (it should be black), but what everyone else has said is on the money - teflon braided line is a little smaller than comparable rubber lined stainless braided hose.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
That's the wrong kind of teflon (it should be black), but what everyone else has said is on the money - teflon braided line is a little smaller than comparable rubber lined stainless braided hose.
please if you would post up what hose and an fittings you would use. thanks, a link to the hose and fittings would be nice also. i need this fuel smell GONE
Old 11-17-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Teflon is great no fuel smell on my cobra rubber braided omg would make the whole garage smell like gas from seepage here is the site i used for my braided line they are out of Colorado,USA!!! im not sure if summits line is any different but all it uses is a compression fitting instead of traditional rubber braided has the threaded nipple that you shove down the line lol hope this helps pm me if you got other questions

http://www.anfittingsdirect.com/stpg...id=ptfe_teflon
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by 1nasty86
please if you would post up what hose and an fittings you would use. thanks, a link to the hose and fittings would be nice also. i need this fuel smell GONE
Call Lonnie's Performance (he's a sponsor on here) - he carries Goodridge lines and fittings.

http://www.lonniesperformance.com/

I will warn you now...it won't be cheap. The hose ends are very expensive, especially if you need anything other than straight ones.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Call Lonnie's Performance (he's a sponsor on here) - he carries Goodridge lines and fittings.

http://www.lonniesperformance.com/

I will warn you now...it won't be cheap. The hose ends are very expensive, especially if you need anything other than straight ones.
The best thing to do with Lonnie is email or call him. I find his site a bit difficult to navigate but he knows his products very well and will get back to you and ship straight away.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

That and he has business hours that run very late into the evening...I called him around 10:00PM on a week night to order some stuff a couple months ago. Really nice guy to talk to on the phone.

Quick Reply: Teflon hose