Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help prove my theory LS2 SSR fuel pump in 67 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help prove my theory LS2 SSR fuel pump in 67 camaro

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I figured it was most relevant here.

Here is what I am planning on doing... I have had nothing but nightmares with pumps on a stick before and Im not interested in having to fill up my tank constantly, fuss with baffles etc so... I think this will work. Prove me wrong (or right!).

The fuel module from a 2006 SSR was designed to feed the LS2 i would be using. It is the correct height to fit into a 67 Camaro tank. I will find an old tank to get a flange from and weld it into a tray that I will fabricate for the tank. Something like this:

I also plan on enabling the EVAC system. This fuel module has an integrated pressure sensor and Vent line so it would provide everything I need. I don't see why this wouldn't work. My main worry is that the tray will put the tank pressure sensor and the vent line beneath the full tank gasoline level. I'm not sure if this is an issue or not (shouldn't be a problem for the vent line as the canister will be higher than the tank).

Here's the module:

Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am installing a 99-2002 Firebird/ Camaro fuel pump module in a 79 TA. One thing to keep in mind is the fuel level sender is not compatible with the 67 Camaro fuel gauge. The 67 Camaro gauge operates on 0 to 90 ohms. The Late model fuel pump module operates on 40 to 240 ohms. So you see the fuel sender and the fuel gauge are not compatible. The solution I am using is to retain the stock in tank fuel level sender, block off the fuel lines. The fuel level sender on the late model fuel pump module is easily removed. Mount the late model fuel pump module in the tank like the photo.
Attached Thumbnails Help prove my theory LS2 SSR fuel pump in 67 camaro-pict0213.jpg  
Old 11-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ollie8974
One thing to keep in mind is the fuel level sender is not compatible with the 67 Camaro fuel gauge. The 67 Camaro gauge operates on 0 to 90 ohms. The Late model fuel pump module operates on 40 to 240 ohms
Yes, thanks. I am familiar with that issue. In my case I am having north hollywood speedometer mod my existing gas gauge to work with the modern sender range.

What did you use as a donor tank for the flange? Is it metal or plastic?
Old 11-22-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I purchased this adapter ring.
http://www.vetteworksonline.com/ls1_conversion_fuel.htm

Modifying existing fuel gauge, Never thought of that.
Thanks I will have to look into that.

Quick Reply: Help prove my theory LS2 SSR fuel pump in 67 camaro