Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help me build my fuel system :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me build my fuel system :)

I am doing a turbo build this winter and just want advice on which fuel components will be adequate for my goals. I am looking to run around 550-600whp as this will just be a street car and a summer cruiser.

I am planning to run pump gas since we do not have e85 available in my area unfortunately so 60# injectors should do right?

On the fuel pump side of things is really where I need advice. I actually have a walbro 255 in-line pump that is new that I never used on another project. Can I run the stock in tank fuel pump and plumb the in-line 255 in and run it all off a racetronix hotwire kit and be good or will this not be enough fuel?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 607motorsports
I am doing a turbo build this winter and just want advice on which fuel components will be adequate for my goals. I am looking to run around 550-600whp as this will just be a street car and a summer cruiser.

I am planning to run pump gas since we do not have e85 available in my area unfortunately so 60# injectors should do right?

On the fuel pump side of things is really where I need advice. I actually have a walbro 255 in-line pump that is new that I never used on another project. Can I run the stock in tank fuel pump and plumb the in-line 255 in and run it all off a racetronix hotwire kit and be good or will this not be enough fuel?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
You can not use an in-line pump with the factory 2002 fuel system for a few reasons:

1. The fuel pressure regulator is on the fuel module in the tank / it is not a full return system.

2. The jet pump must be run at 58PSI so adding a series pump is not an option even with a converted front-mount regulator system.

3. The factory pump will not keep up with a Walbro GSL392.

You may consider our system here:

F99 Fuel Pump Kit

RFPK-001 - 1999-2002 LS1 Camaro / Firebird / Trans AM

If you require more fuel you can add a PBIC to your kit and purchase a pump booster.

Alternatively you may consider a Lonnie's/Racetronix dual in-tank system:
http://www.lonniesperformance.com/

60# injectors should be plenty for your quoted HP expectations.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 12-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the response and info. I have run Racetronix components in the past on other projects and have always been very pleased so I will likely go with the kit you suggested. Should this single pump be adequate fuel for my goals? Or should I possibly look into the Walbro 340lph in tank pump?

Thanks again!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look into Lonnies dual intank setup. Cant go wrong with it and its a VERY nice piece once he gets done with it. It will hold 550-600 and then you can add lines and rails if you plan on going bigger later on.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At 550-600rwph you are in dangerous territory with a single pump.

Many of the larger single pumps will not allow proper idle fuel pressures without fuel system modifications.

The dual pump kit will support approx 700rwhp on stock lines & regulator and roughly 1000 with a modified fuel system. This will easily & safely support your current power needs & also well into the future when you start adding more modifications.

Feel free to give me a call if you are interested in a dual pump system.
I will get you the proper components wthout buying things twice.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

60# injectors should be fine and will give you plenty of head room.

You could even use a 50# injector, if you don't plan on pursuing power or alternative fuels beyond this setup...but it won't leave you much over the top of your 600hp goal.