Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

SVO vs. FRPP "39LB" Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 03:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SVO vs. FRPP "39LB" Injectors

Hello everyone. I have tried to research on this subject but haven't found a whole lot, I think because the search criteria is so broad. I have found a plethora of threads that suggest SVO injectors (30LB) but are supposedly around 35-36LB at our pressure. However as I was shopping around I have found the Ford Racing 39LB injectors, according to the literature on WS6store they should be around a 45LB injector at our pressure. My question is what would be a better choice for me? I have found a few threads comparing 36 to 42 lb injectors and most suggest going with the latter.

Current set up is a 00 Z28 with LT's, ORY, catback, Torquer V2, LS6 intake. I am planning to go with a set of heads after the winter probably PRC's or worked A.I./T.E.A. 243's/799's. I also want to run spray but would probably rather go with a plate wet system (125-150 shot).

With that set up would the SVO's be better or would I be better off with the 39LB injectors? They around the same price. Here are some links to what I am considering. Thanks everyone for your time.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...rs-30-lbs-hr-/
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...rs-42-lbs-hr-/
Old 12-20-2011, 06:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get the bigger for round about the same price, in other words get the 39lbers. for 10 more bucks...

have you contacted FIC injectors? what are they willing to sell you for the same size?
They are a sponsor up here and have done a great job of providing information and support for this entire section.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KTK Z28
Hello everyone. I have tried to research on this subject but haven't found a whole lot, I think because the search criteria is so broad. I have found a plethora of threads that suggest SVO injectors (30LB) but are supposedly around 35-36LB at our pressure. However as I was shopping around I have found the Ford Racing 39LB injectors, according to the literature on WS6store they should be around a 45LB injector at our pressure. My question is what would be a better choice for me? I have found a few threads comparing 36 to 42 lb injectors and most suggest going with the latter.

Current set up is a 00 Z28 with LT's, ORY, catback, Torquer V2, LS6 intake. I am planning to go with a set of heads after the winter probably PRC's or worked A.I./T.E.A. 243's/799's. I also want to run spray but would probably rather go with a plate wet system (125-150 shot).

With that set up would the SVO's be better or would I be better off with the 39LB injectors? They around the same price. Here are some links to what I am considering. Thanks everyone for your time.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...rs-30-lbs-hr-/
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...rs-42-lbs-hr-/
hi,you want to stay away from the ford 39lb they have a split spray pattern that is used for a multivalve head. a 30lb svo is rated at 39psi so when you run it at 58psi it will flow 36lb.your best bet is to run our ls1 series 50lb injector set that is flow matched and rated at 58psi.this is a true ls1 replacement the spray pattern will work with your heads and they are very tuner friendly.we have them on sale for our christmas sale $369 call for special 770 888 1662
http://www.corvetteinjectors.com/sho...?productid=324
Old 12-20-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Regular

Good info. Thank you. Would a 50 lb be too big tho? Most head cam guys are around the 42 lb mark. Nitrous I want to run wet from a plate right off the fuel rail. so that can be factored out of the equation. Not questioning your knowledge just wanting to make sure we are on the same page.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KTK Z28
Good info. Thank you. Would a 50 lb be too big tho? Most head cam guys are around the 42 lb mark. Nitrous I want to run wet from a plate right off the fuel rail. so that can be factored out of the equation. Not questioning your knowledge just wanting to make sure we are on the same page.
we all know that once you start you can't stop trying to make more power.with these newer bosch type injectors it's always a good idea to give yourself some room to grow. These injectors have a lower min. pulse width than the older style 50lb like lucas and accel. This being said having a little bigger injector you will not hurt low end drivability. Feel free to give me a shout at the shop 770 888 1662 we can chat about your build. Ask for Bill.

Last edited by FICINJECTORS; 12-21-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:05 AM
TECH Regular

Will do. Thank you very much for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: SVO vs. FRPP "39LB" Injectors