Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS3 injectors on LS1 intake?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 injectors on LS1 intake?

I recently acquired a FAST90 intake which I intend to put on my LS2. The problem I'm having is I have the injector adapters to use the LS2 injectors in the LS1 height... but I intend to use an LS3 injector for the added flow.

Has anyone done this, and assuming someone must have... how did you get fuel to the shorter injector?

I know one guy over on LS1GTO did it, but he basically welded and bent up a custom fuel rail.. as I don't have access to welding equipment for stainless, I'm hoping to avoid that. I also contacted Speed Inc about their rail kit and their best recommendation was to "mill down the mounting bosses" which I do not think will work, due to the fact that the bottom plane of the rail will need to be lower than the mounting boss height on the injector.

I'm hoping for a better solution than the 24mm spacer, as that seems like a "quick fix" to me. I do have a set of the 12 mm spacers that would change this from a LS3-LS1 to an LS2-LS1 conversion, however the spacers are designed for use as LS2-LS1, so I'm not sure how helpful they'll be.

Last edited by Wagonbacker9; 12-28-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9
I recently acquired a FAST90 intake which I intend to put on my LS2. The problem I'm having is I have the injector adapters to use the LS2 injectors in the LS1 height... but I intend to use an LS3 injector for the added flow.

Has anyone done this, and assuming someone must have... how did you get fuel to the shorter injector?

I know one guy over on LS1GTO did it, but he basically welded and bent up a custom fuel rail.. as I don't have access to welding equipment for stainless, I'm hoping to avoid that. I also contacted Speed Inc about their rail kit and their best recommendation was to "mill down the mounting bosses" which I do not think will work, due to the fact that the bottom plane of the rail will need to be lower than the mounting boss height on the injector.

I'm hoping for a better solution than the 24mm spacer, as that seems like a "quick fix" to me. I do have a set of the 12 mm spacers that would change this from a LS3-LS1 to an LS2-LS1 conversion, however the spacers are designed for use as LS2-LS1, so I'm not sure how helpful they'll be.
these are what you need. You will also need a 14mm bottom o ring. I will include o rings no charge.
http://www.corvetteinjectors.com/sho...?productid=371
Old 12-28-2011, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Right up until the "built in filter" I was planning on trying to adapt an aftermarket fuel rail.

I take it this eliminates the need for the billet spacers used at the bottom? I found another solution which required the use of the 14mm spacer at the bottom, and a shorter version of this at the top as well.

Also, I would assume this would be able to be used with my LS2 fuel rail, using the alloy spacers for the mounting bracket. An LS1 fuel rail would be cleaner, but either will do the job. I may still pick up aftermarket rails eventually but I'd rather get it up and running first, and worry about upgrades later.

Edit: ordered.

Last edited by Wagonbacker9; 12-28-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9
Right up until the "built in filter" I was planning on trying to adapt an aftermarket fuel rail.

I take it this eliminates the need for the billet spacers used at the bottom? I found another solution which required the use of the 14mm spacer at the bottom, and a shorter version of this at the top as well.

Also, I would assume this would be able to be used with my LS2 fuel rail, using the alloy spacers for the mounting bracket. An LS1 fuel rail would be cleaner, but either will do the job. I may still pick up aftermarket rails eventually but I'd rather get it up and running first, and worry about upgrades later.

Edit: ordered.
thanks for the order. They are on there way.

Quick Reply: LS3 injectors on LS1 intake?