Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel injector leak test?

Old 02-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel injector leak test?

ok I think I may have a injector leaking and need to test if it is. I dont think it is all the time but more like trash sometimes keeps the injector from closing off when you turn off the car. Or my new fuel pump is to strong for the injector. I have hooked up a gauge and it shows 65 psi when I turn the key on, and at start up and while running. Can I leave gauge hooked up and see if it leaks down after a certain time? Car is a 98 LS1 stock injectors with 275,000 miles on them and a new racetronics 255 fuel pump.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes leave gauge on the rail and see if it leaks down when car is not running
Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes you can test this way and it will tell you pretty quickly if you are leaking down. However in order to isolate the injectors you will need to clamp off the supply line if you can. if it is hard plastic line right to the rail you will have to figure something else out. i had made a tool with a ball valve for this at one time.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

or just pull the rail with injectors still intact turn key to on, but dont start so the pump will prime. If any leak you will know it. This is good to do with a buddy so you or they can watch the injectors while the other works the key.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fuel injector leak test?