Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

what are all 4 of the lines coming off the fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are all 4 of the lines coming off the fuel pump?

I know supply; return; and evap. What is the 4th?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Launching!

Any one?
Old 02-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

It is probably another evap line that is connecting the roll over valves mounted elsewhere on the tank into the main evap line that goes to the evap canister.
On some RV's and big trucks there will be another 'auxiliary' feed line to send fuel to some other external device that uses fuel
Old 02-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Launching!

From what I found I think its a vent line that goes to the charcoal canister. I was planning to delete the evap selonoid. Looks like most people just cut it near the tank and put a small filter on it but couldn't I just put a T in the line going to the charcoal canister and hook the evap line unto the T. I don't want to have the gas smell. With out cats I get enough from the exhaust.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure if I am following you exactly. In general, you have a main evap line, usually 5/8" OD, you must have that venting into the canister to avoid gas fumes, and you do not want that blocked with a filter or you will have filling issues. If there are smaller evap lines, either coming off the pump sender module or the tank, about 3/8" OD, those are venting the roll over valves, those should T into the main 5/8" line somewhere prior to going to the canister vent solenoid and/or canister itself. In theory, you can delete the evap/canister vent solenoid, but your OBDII fuel system leak checks will not be able to perform and you will set off engine codes, but your fuel system will function and vent fine.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Well I guess there are technically 2 evap lines coming off the pump sender. One that goes to the canister and the other that runs up to the evap solenoid on the motor. I want to delete the evap solenoid and I know that's the line people put a filter on when deleting the system. I was trying to see if instead of a filter I could just tie it into the canister. Ill get the codes deleted.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:24 AM
Staging Lane

Ok, you are talking about the purge evap solenoid, I was referring to the canister evap solenoid, two different things. There are a few threads about purge solenoid delete on here, do a search, here is one that might help a little:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...-solenoid.html

Quick Reply: what are all 4 of the lines coming off the fuel pump?