Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aftermarket FPR Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 04:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aftermarket FPR Question

I have a 98 Z28 and for the 2nd time in 6 months the stock FPR housing is out of round and pushed the O ring out. The only way to get the FPR housing is to buy a complete fuel pump assembly I'm not going to spend $500 to keep replacing fuel pump assemblies because the stock set up is junk. I want to put an adjustable fuel pressure regulator up by the engine. I have seen people connect the FPR to the schrader valve on the drivers side fuel rail the problem I have is the fuel feed for the nitrous solenoid is connected there. I know there are several options like aftermarket fuel rails completely redoing the fuel lines from the tank to the engine or putting the FPR before the fuel rails.

My question is how would I be able to keep the stock fuel rails and still run the FPR after the stock fuel rails?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not as you already suggested... FPR on the schrader valve?

If you don't want the solenoid after the regulator, you could also "tap" the feed line, with a fitting like this:

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket FPR Question-16185.jpg   Aftermarket FPR Question-fuelrail.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 07:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can keep the stock rails, but just gonna need some fittings and line. And take the stock FPR out. You'd have to run a return back to the tank though.. And eliminate the stock T in the back (for the stock FPR.) This is what I've been battling. Got the last of my parts on order now. I didn't want to run a return, but ended up doing it. It's a pretty decent sized project.

And where you mount the FPR does depend on what kind of regulator it is. I've got a Aeromotive bypass regulator, so it's ok to mount it before the rails on the supply side.

This is pretty much what you're gonna need.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...8-braided.html

Last edited by bayer-z28; 03-19-2012 at 07:26 PM.