Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Cleaning Injectors...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cleaning Injectors...

So I have had my LS3 intake sitting in a box for the past 4 years or so. I am about to install it on my G8 GT and I am wondering if I should clean them. The intake was a little dusty since the top of the box broke. The openings on the intake were not sealed off (I didn't pack it) but the fuel nipple was capped off. If I do need to clean them, how should I do so?

Also the fuel line that come from the car to the intake was disconnected and not capped off (that was my fault) for the past 3 months during my rebuild. I want to clear it out before I connect it so what is the best way of going about this?
Old 07-23-2015, 08:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

I get several sets a yr, from the local scrap yard. They have been left in engines for sometimes, several yrs. Most I can clean and reuse. Some go in the trash.
With yours sitting for 4 yrs, I'd certainly have them cleaned, and the wear items replaced.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always have my injectors cleaned (ones that i dont know whether they are working well or not) by osidetiger (http://www.osidetiger.com/). He has done several sets for me and the quality of work is fantastic, he even provides flow data before and after of how the injectors perform. Best of all his turn around time is a matter of a few days and very cheap. $16 a piece for top feed injectors.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent a couple of sets to FIC a few years ago. Dont remember the price but couldnt have been much. Good job and they flowed them to ensure they matched

Quick Reply: Cleaning Injectors...