Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

XRP blue pushlock hoses leaking.?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default XRP blue pushlock hoses leaking.?

These are on my sonoma I did a 6.0 in. I used all XRP fittings and blue pushlock hose. I bought all of the parts in 07,08 while I was building the truck and I've put 40K on it since completion. But I am starting to smell fuel in the garage and when I started sniffing it's coming from the fuel line up to rail and the fire sleeving it's in has a distinct odor.

Is it possible the hose from those year ranges is not liking the ethanol added to fuels used today. The truck sits a fair amount now that it's retired from my DD.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Could be. I had some Aeroquip that got "harder than the back of Superman's head."
I attributed it to the alky....Changed it out to teflon lined...Big $$, but it works.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2X,
What brand did you purchase? Earl's does not recommend using their Super Stock hose with fuel.
Link to Earl's catalog page 20
http://www.holley.com/EarlsCatalog/
Old 04-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default pushlok

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
These are on my sonoma I did a 6.0 in. I used all XRP fittings and blue pushlock hose. I bought all of the parts in 07,08 while I was building the truck and I've put 40K on it since completion. But I am starting to smell fuel in the garage and when I started sniffing it's coming from the fuel line up to rail and the fire sleeving it's in has a distinct odor.

Is it possible the hose from those year ranges is not liking the ethanol added to fuels used today. The truck sits a fair amount now that it's retired from my DD.
Your line is deteriorating from the ethanol, Parker pushlok is compatible with the fuels today, I checked with my supplier before my last order...
Old 04-18-2012, 11:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

DDDDammmit I knew that was going to be the answer even though I didn't want to hear it. I'll google it but any ideas where the parker teflon hose can be found at to purchase at a reasonable price.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default pushlok

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
DDDDammmit I knew that was going to be the answer even though I didn't want to hear it. I'll google it but any ideas where the parker teflon hose can be found at to purchase at a reasonable price.
99% of my fuel line is stainless, only about 6" from regulator to tank, the pushlok is not teflon, that is another series of fuel line

Quick Reply: XRP blue pushlock hoses leaking.?