Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

1998 Fbody Fuel Pump Regulator questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

1. So your only problem with the fuel pump is that it stays on all the time with the ignition switch?

Answer: Yes, and the exact same thing when the car is running.

2. Is it possible that whoever installed it performed a rewire with the suggested larger gauge wire, but tied it to the ignition, and not a relay with the current ecu fuel pump trigger?

Answer: Maybe. Does anyone know where the relay is for the ECU Fuel Pump Trigger?

3. Regarding boost leak

Answers: I think i'm going to have to build a DIY boost leak tester once I get this fuel pump issue sorted out and see if something is leaking.

One of the local tuners was wondering if my car is producing so much air flow that it is overpowering the spring in the wastegate. So at some point we will try turning up the Turbo smart boost T and see if that allows the turbo to create more than the 4psi boost my car is currently making.

4. Regarding the Neutral and 2nd gear (3500 rpm) limiter

Answers: I have sent an email to STS to ask if they can go over the tune they mailed out to a local tuner to see if they can figure out why this limiter would affect my neutral and 2nd gears ONLY. So i will wait to hear back from them and see what their thoughts are.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fstr n u
1. So your only problem with the fuel pump is that it stays on all the time with the ignition switch?

Answer: Yes, and the exact same thing when the car is running.

2. Is it possible that whoever installed it performed a rewire with the suggested larger gauge wire, but tied it to the ignition, and not a relay with the current ecu fuel pump trigger?

Answer: Maybe. Does anyone know where the relay is for the ECU Fuel Pump Trigger?
Your pump is supposed to stay on all the time if the engine is running.

As far as ignition switched on, but engine not running, and the pump won't turn off, I agree that a rewire was performed and they didn't wire it properly. Try to get the hotwire instructions from Racetronix and see if you can figure out how to hook it up properly, or buy a new hotwire kit from Racetronix and start from scratch.

Quick Reply: 1998 Fbody Fuel Pump Regulator questions