Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Somebody with Racetronix in-line pumps please help

Old 04-26-2012, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody with Racetronix in-line pumps please help

I am installing a Ractronix booster pump to my stock 02 Trans Am fuel system. Now I talked to Chris at Nitrous Outlet and he said he had several customers run them in line and have success. My question is if I install this into the fuel feed line and the pump activates when my nitrous engages will the pressure exceed the normal PSI and cause my injectors to dump more fuel becuase of the pressure increase. I discussed with chris and we kinda agreed the pump in the tank would regulate things to a certain extent. However I am not so convienced. Someone has got to have some eperience with pumps and fuel systems. The Racetronix pump I have has no spec sheet or any papers at all. If the pump was internally regulated, problem solved but I cant seem to get a diffinitive answere in that direction. PLEASE HELP. Track day is this Saturday and I really would like to up the nitrous 50 HP or so and would have a whole lot more piece of mind with a little boost in the fuel system. Thanks guys Oh the pump is GSL 392 255/Hr. Walbro pump. I had to join the Racetronix forum to get any chance of speaking to a professional but thier forum has like maybe 100 post for the whole site. I love their products but getting any tech. support is damn near impossible.

Last edited by STREETSLEEPER; 04-26-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An electric fuel pump flows a certain amount supplied a certain voltage at a certain pressure. Look on TI Automotive's site for the flow curve on your GSL392 under 'fuel pump performance curves typical 255lph high pressure pump' page 283.
http://www.tiautomotive.com/wp-conte...ic_Catalog.pdf

Search this Thread