Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Issues With Installing Injectors Into FAST Truck Intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues With Installing Injectors Into FAST Truck Intake

So I received my FAST fuel rails for my LSXRT intake today. Injectors fit into the rails just fine, I can get most of the injectors in to their spots but some just don't want to. Now I did get my FAST intake used and the previous owner gave me the o rings as well but I'm wondering if I might be better off ordering a new set from FAST.

and yes I did lube them up and I used some clean motor oil and just rubed in on with my fingers around the o rings

factory O rings

Last edited by Code Red; 05-04-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

finally got it but man that was a pain in the ***
Old 08-04-2013, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey so what did you do to get those injectors in????

I'm trying right now to install my 8.1 marine truck injectors (which look identical to yours in the photo) into my Fast LSX-R cathedral port intake (not the truck version, if that matters), but the injector just won't fit into the bore in the lower intake shell. It's like the diameter of that plastic piece on the very end of the injector is too large to fit into the hole.
Should/can I remove those plastic tip pieces? Or is that a no no?

Any help is much appreciated! This little figment issue is really holding up my install!!
Old 01-30-2014, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ShredSled
Hey so what did you do to get those injectors in????

I'm trying right now to install my 8.1 marine truck injectors (which look identical to yours in the photo) into my Fast LSX-R cathedral port intake (not the truck version, if that matters), but the injector just won't fit into the bore in the lower intake shell. It's like the diameter of that plastic piece on the very end of the injector is too large to fit into the hole.
Should/can I remove those plastic tip pieces? Or is that a no no?

Any help is much appreciated! This little figment issue is really holding up my install!!

Sorry just saw this, all I had to do was oil the rings a tad and I was able to get them in. However I still don't have the engine install so I don't know if I have any leaks.

Quick Reply: Issues With Installing Injectors Into FAST Truck Intake