Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Black braided fuel line

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Black braided fuel line

Okay I have done a search for that exact title black braided fuel line.

I see tons of guys running it in build threads. But I can't find any info anywhere on who makes it and who sells it???

I need something that is E85 proof and nhra aproved.

This will be a good thread for all the other guys looking for black braided fuel line.
Thanks in advance
Old 05-08-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aeroquip Startlite is what I use on almost everything. Put a torch to it vs the cheaper brands and see the results of the nomex.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This is what I'm using :http://www.anfittingsdirect.com/inde...04f6a0f21b6c2d
Old 05-09-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Veteran

OP: you asked and I told you. Earl's Pro-Lite 350 is NHRA approvred. Works with pump gas. The only line you should need a Teflon line for is race gas.

Last edited by bayer-z28; 05-09-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MaxxMitchell
Aeroquip Startlite is what I use on almost everything. Put a torch to it vs the cheaper brands and see the results of the nomex.
Earl's is not cheap hose, neither is Russel, but both seem to have the same heat tolerances. I wouldn't take a torch to it as that may get a bit hotter than 300*f (heat resistant) but fireproof Nomex IS a very nice feature to have!! Helps prevent the spread of fire. I tried to fuse the loose braids on my Pro-Lite350 before installing the hose ends and it wouldn't even melt under a lighter, probably a similar material.

I'd never cheap out on fuel stuff. Stay with the big three (maybe 4) names. Aeroquip has always made top notch stuff.

Just some comparison info:

Earl's
Constructed in the USA, the Pro Lite 350 hose has a tough, abrasion resistant Nylon sheathing, bonded to the textile inner braid embedded in the synthetic rubber liner. This gives the hose incredible flexibility while maintaining the ability to withstand high vacuum and hot oil temperatures.
Pro Lite 350 hose will work with EARL'S Swivel Seal, Auto Crimp and Auto Fit Hose ends exclusively. The use of other manufacturers hose ends is not recommended and may compromise the pressure capabilities and durability of the hose. Insist on the brands you trust, EARL'S Pro Lite 350 hose and Swivel Seal, Auto–Fit or Auto Crimp hose ends.

Installation Notes
Fuel manufacturers may have added any number of new unpublished additives to their blends. It is therefore difficult to know how the tube compound used in the inner liner of our Pro–Lite 350 or any other brand of elastomeric hose will react with a specific fuel. Because of the unknowns described above, we are unable to guarantee that the hose listed is the best possible product to use with any specific fuel. If in doubt use teflon lined hose. Pro–Lite 350 hose is not to be used with brake fluid.

Features
Highest Pressure Lightweight Rubber Lined Hose Available
Half the Weight of Traditional Stainless Braid Hose
Maximum pressure rating of 350 psi
1400 PSI Burst Pressure
-40° F to +300° F Operating Temperature Range
Holds 27 hg Vacuum
Constructed In USA
Abrasion Resistant Nylon Sheath
Easy to Cut and Work With
Synthetic Rubber Liner
Incredible Flexibility
Withstands Hot Oil Temperatures

Aeroquip
Starlite Racing Hose
Eaton’s Aeroquip® popular light-weight racing hose; up to 45% lighter than steel braided hose. Flame resistant Nomex cover with Kevlar®*. Aeroquip elastomer smooth bore inner tube, -45 to +300 F temperature rating. Approved with reusable and crimp fittings. Applications include fuel, lube, coolant, air. *Teflon® is a registered trademark of DuPont™

Quick Reply: Black braided fuel line