Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

2 quick questions about using the factory feed as a return--EDIT-Questions Answered!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2 quick questions about using the factory feed as a return--EDIT-Questions Answered!!

EDIT WITH ANSWERS....

after getting through the first 4 pages and finding a LOT of useful info, i still have 2 questions i didn't find a definitive answer for......

1) do i have to cap off the 'T' fitting on the stock feed if i've already removed the factory regulator in the bucket? i would assume it's fine as is now. No you do not if you've removed the regulator inside the tank.

2) whats the easiest way to deal with the factory fuel filter? is there and easy way to gut it so i don't backwash all the crap back into the tank or is there an easy (cheap) way to delete it? Remove it, clean it out well and reinstall it as is. it flows very well in both directions and being stainless steel, it should still be in excellent condition! see vid....

thanks guys!

Last edited by PRAY HRD; 06-14-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't remember, but are you able to swap the filter around? If not then you can get a piece of the same size line, cut and flare the stock line with male ends, and couple it with female ends. Or the cheap way, just connect it with fuel line and good fuel hose clamps.

When I had the stock lines, I used the evap as the return and had to cap the t fitting. I'm sure you would have to as well to use it as a return.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:46 PM
9 Second Club

well after attending the speed inc open house, Dan there said to either get a russels quick connect fitting like i've got on the other end of it and run a -6 to the bucket with another one of those 3/8 to -6 fittings or mentioned the evap as well iirc. sounds familiar.

is the evap line a 3/8 as well? if so, all i need then is to put my russels 3/8 to -6 on it and cap off the 'T' in the middle portion with i'm guessing probably a 1/4 npt plug and call it a day?

i may just cheap out and cut the line and redo it next year. budget is getting crazy tight right now and i just wanna get the bitch running!
Old 06-09-2012, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The correct plug is expensive IIRC. I just bought a cheap brass one from autozone and put a bunch of thread tape on it and it didn't leak.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:04 PM
9 Second Club

gotcha. i'm thinking i'm going to just going to make the cut for now and be done with it. thanks for the replies!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:01 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

You could just put a new fuel filter on and not worry about it. Even if fuel wont go back through the filter it will route back through the original return. The reason i mentioned it in your other thread is because i didnt know what you had planned.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:33 PM
9 Second Club

well i got some time and yanked the filter and what a nice surprise, it flows just as well in reverse! made a quick vid of me rinsing it out after i cleaned it out with brake cleaner a few times. it was pretty nasty alright after 60k miles!! lol but it flows like new now. didn't have to cap anything off on the T either since i already removed the factory regulator in the fuel bucket. hope this helps someone.

Last edited by PRAY HRD; 06-14-2012 at 11:41 PM.