Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

billet f-body dual in-tank from Squash Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default billet f-body dual in-tank from Squash Performance?

Found a site called Squash Performance with an alleged 1500 HP capable dual in-tank setup for f-bodies. Just wondering if anyone is running this or knows anything more. It seems like I have the option to reuse my factory push-on fuel lines and fittings for the time being, then can upgrade to AN lines if need be. Which is kind of exactly what I want to do.

It just became available in September of this year according to their site. If no one knows anything, and I end up being the first, I'll update this thread accordingly. I wanna make sure they can keep the damn bucket though.
Attached Thumbnails billet f-body dual in-tank from Squash Performance?-4th-gen-fbody-render.jpg  
Old 10-15-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like a nice piece but why experiment with something that's already been done? Lonnie's stuff will give you everything you need plus excellent customer service.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

The price is????????
Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Website says its $0.00.....its free sign me up

Doesn't look like the bucket is feasible. From the photo it looks like two 400's strapped to that thing.

Last edited by No Juice; 10-16-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not running that one but I am running the one for my 2010 Camaro. Just give them a call, Andy will answer any questions you have about his stuff. If he can't answer, leave him a voice mail and he will call you back.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys we're not a board sponsor here yet so I can't get too sponsory. This unit doesn't use the stock bucket because we wanted to come out with a unit that offered maximum flow to start with. You can see from our other products that we typically do reuse the bucket on almost everything but dual fat-bottom Walbros just won't fit without cutting into the bucket. Once you cut it you lose most of the benefit of having the bucket. This is a reasonably-priced option for those who want max flow without noisy external pumps.

Andy
Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks pretty lol. No single pumps I guess.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Looks pretty lol. No single pumps I guess.
This unit can be optioned with a single pump, or do you mean 1 pump with the stock bucket?

Andy
Old 10-16-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LPE 403
Looks like a nice piece but why experiment with something that's already been done? Lonnie's stuff will give you everything you need plus excellent customer service.
If I limited my purchases to what I need, I wouldn't get a double pumper setup; I sure as hell don't need it. I could run a boost-a-pump to support my weak little power goals. But I want two pumps. I also want something high quality. Despite the $1,600 price tag and their poor reputation, I tried contacting APS for their twin in-tank setup. That didn't work out. And now there's Squash Performance whose setup looks like it fits the bill. In years past, I have bought LS1Tech-member-recommended things from LS1Tech sponsors where no (or crappy) pictures were provided and when my product arrived in the mail, I felt as though I had bought a piece of trash. I don't want to feel that way again. Looking at the only picture available from Lonnie's website, I'm not able to fully determine what I'll be receiving for $725. Take a gander:

Attached Thumbnails billet f-body dual in-tank from Squash Performance?-ls12.jpg  
Old 10-16-2012, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

The pump set up I got for the 2010 looked just like the pictures on the Squash site fwiw. Absolutely gorgeous in person.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My kit you are referring to comes with a complete direct fit plug-n-play wiring harness (no cutting required), boost activation switch, entire new fuel bucket, with level sensor & tank pressure sensor.

My kit will also work with all stock lines if you desire & comes with a new pressure regulator.

If you desire to reuse your own fuel bucket the price is $150 less than what you listed.

They aren't flashybillet pieces, but after a few thousand kits in use, they are well proven.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gi8e7oi825
If I limited my purchases to what I need, I wouldn't get a double pumper setup; I sure as hell don't need it. I could run a boost-a-pump to support my weak little power goals. But I want two pumps. I also want something high quality. Despite the $1,600 price tag and their poor reputation, I tried contacting APS for their twin in-tank setup. That didn't work out. And now there's Squash Performance whose setup looks like it fits the bill. In years past, I have bought LS1Tech-member-recommended things from LS1Tech sponsors where no (or crappy) pictures were provided and when my product arrived in the mail, I felt as though I had bought a piece of trash. I don't want to feel that way again. Looking at the only picture available from Lonnie's website, I'm not able to fully determine what I'll be receiving for $725. Take a gander:

Understand you're concern. I have one of Lonnie's double pumper set-ups. Hard to tell where his system starts and the OEM stuff ends....virtually seamless integration, idiot proof installation and quality built package.

I'm a bit "selective" in what goes in my car, it was a no-brainer. If you have any doubts, call him yourself or do a search.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by realsquash
This unit can be optioned with a single pump, or do you mean 1 pump with the stock bucket?

Andy
I just need a single pump. But don't know with or with out the bucket don't know the pros and cons I just enough fuel and hook to my factory lines at this time. Like to know a price and what kind of pump don't want a junk Chinese pump, pm me. Don't know if I need a fancy billet piece but hey if it priced good and quality.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lonnies Performance without a doubt.
Best product and best tech support and best after sale service all in one package.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since there's no bucket involved, what would need to be changed to work in a '98 Fbody?
Old 10-18-2012, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

The pumps in mine are Walbro 400lph.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
Since there's no bucket involved, what would need to be changed to work in a '98 Fbody?
I have to clarify this - the website incorrectly listed that the 98 model year was covered by this unit - it is not. It's a completely different style of sending unit with different lines, fittings, etc. I believe you can swap a 99+ tank in, and that might be the easiest way. We will be coming out with a unit that fits all of the early 4th gens but no date is set.

Andy
Old 10-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shutting this one down...for being a non-sponsor talking about a non-sponsor product, this is sure sounding "sponsory".

Quick Reply: billet f-body dual in-tank from Squash Performance?