Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel injectors plugged

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel injectors plugged

My fuel injectors are plugged. I put gm fuel injector cleaner. I put it AFTER I filled gas. It helped a bit but still problem. Is there any way to directly pour into the fuel injectors or remove them and clean them?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have pulled the fuel injectors and made a rig that held just the tips in some seafoam and left them sit for a day
Old 10-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Yea I am going to take it to a shop. A clogged fuel filter will also cause problems. How can I tell if the fuel injectors are clogged or do I just need a new fuel filter. The symptoms are that the car sometimes hesitates/stumbles, sometimes its fine. There is a bad smell of gas in the cabin sometimes. The engine is noisy at low rpm, then quiet at high rpm. There is a tapping noise when at idle even after being driven and warmed up. Sometimes smokes. A little slugish. Its an car with 300K kilometers on it
Old 10-24-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by umair
How can I tell if the fuel injectors are clogged or do I just need a new fuel filter. The symptoms are that the car sometimes hesitates/stumbles, sometimes its fine. There is a bad smell of gas in the cabin sometimes. The engine is noisy at low rpm, then quiet at high rpm. There is a tapping noise when at idle even after being driven and warmed up. Sometimes smokes. A little slugish. Its an car with 300K kilometers on it
Take it to a knowledgeable shop
Old 10-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Staging Lane

Ok so I ran two bottles of ac delco (gm) injector cleaner witha full tank of 95 petrol and now the car is much much better. Running smoother and quieter and now has more power and gears shifting is better. I am going to change the fuel filter and run the injector cleaner one more time to clear the lines.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

you really should have these taken to a shop or shipped them to a shop.

Quick Reply: fuel injectors plugged