Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

FI-(Cam/D1SC)-Fuel Setup Help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI-(Cam/D1SC)-Fuel Setup Help.

Hows it going guys,

So my stock fuel pump is showing signs of crapping out.

Car is a 2001 w 75k on her. Since I'm putting a new rear end in my car in February (Just picked up the crate Wednesday night). I am planning on having the shop switch out the stock pump for an aftermarket one so I save on labor vs. changing the pump another time.

This summer I am putting in a blower cam. And at some point, I'm not sure when, could be 2 years, could be 4 years. I WILL get a D1SC on the car.

So I know the single 255 Walbro Pump is good to 550rwhp. But my question is, for a setup that I am going for: (Full bolt ons, Blower Cam, D1SC) will that single pump be enough? or should I dish out the extra several hundred dollars for a dual pump with the Hobbs switch?

Am I wrong when I say I will prob be anywhere from 525rwhp-575rwhp after the D1SC?

So will this single 255 start showing its limits at, say 525rwhp? or can you push it to where it will be slightly past 550rwhp?? Or is it 550rwhp and its done for after that.

Just looking for some past experience from you veterans.

I wish there was a damn single pump in existence that was good to 650rwhp, it would make this all a breeze lol.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

550 was the limit for me and that's with meth. My afr is just a tad high near redline. I pretty much have what you want to do, bolt ons cam and d1sc on 8lbs. I wish I went with the dual pumps but I didnt expect the car to make the power it did either. At least it keeps me from wanting to up the boost now haha.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you plan on over 550rwhp, I would go with dual pumps.

Feel free to give me a call. I'll be glad to discuss your options to prevent you from buying things twice.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stealth355tpi
550 was the limit for me and that's with meth. My afr is just a tad high near redline. I pretty much have what you want to do, bolt ons cam and d1sc on 8lbs. I wish I went with the dual pumps but I didnt expect the car to make the power it did either. At least it keeps me from wanting to up the boost now haha.
I feel ya lol.

So if you don't mind me asking, what #'s are you putting down with the 8lbs? What intake manifold are your running along with tb?

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
If you plan on over 550rwhp, I would go with dual pumps.

Feel free to give me a call. I'll be glad to discuss your options to prevent you from buying things twice.
Sounds good Lonnie. I will be giving you a call.

Last edited by Raoul-Duke; 11-26-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

hit up Lonnie. +1
Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It was like 552 on 8lbs. Not a lot of timing since its a stock bottom end. Running an ls6 intake with a ported stock throttle body. Brute speed blower cam with a racetronics 255 and hotwire kit.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
hit up Lonnie. +1
Originally Posted by stealth355tpi
It was like 552 on 8lbs. Not a lot of timing since its a stock bottom end. Running an ls6 intake with a ported stock throttle body. Brute speed blower cam with a racetronics 255 and hotwire kit.
Damn you're right on the money. I know at some point after the blower I do want to run a FAST setup on there which would probably put me closer to 600rwhp. Guess it makes sense to dish out the cash for the dual pumper.

Side note, I keep hearing about this hotwire kit. How hard is it to wire it?
Old 11-26-2012, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX..._Pump_Kit.html

Quick Reply: FI-(Cam/D1SC)-Fuel Setup Help.